This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:wpml not showing translated image

Solution:please note the following notice when you add the transaltion within WPML->Media Transaltion

" Any changes you make to the text here will not affect any previous publications of this media on your website. This edited version will only appear if you select it from the library to be embedded."

Please go to Pages=>Edit your homepage and switch to the secondary language using the language switcher at the top header (click "edit anyway" on the notice) => scroll down and review your gallery, you will notice that you have the non translated media added , go ahead and input the translated media now and save the page

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by marnixF 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 11:35 am

marnixF

I am trying to: translate images via the 'Media Translation Module'

I expected to see: The English image translated to the Dutch version. The Dutch has been uploaded into the Media Translation Module (see attachement). But the Dutch version of the image is not showing up on the Dutch website

Instead, I got: still the English version of the image on the Dutch website

May 21, 2019 at 4:48 pm #3857369

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

please note the following notice when you add the transaltion within WPML->Media Transaltion

" Any changes you make to the text here will not affect any previous publications of this media on your website. This edited version will only appear if you select it from the library to be embedded."

Please go to Pages=>Edit your homepage and switch to the secondary language using the language switcher at the top header (click "edit anyway" on the notice) => scroll down and review your gallery, you will notice that you have the non translated media added , go ahead and input the translated media now and save the page

let me know your results

May 24, 2019 at 7:12 am #3881697

marnixF

Hi Bobby,

Ok, thanks! I think I misunderstand the notice. But I do understand now!

So, thanks for the quick support!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Best regards,
Marnix