Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.36 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 11, 2018 at 1:14 am #2484891

setyo-hadiJ

Check my translation product pages hidden link

as you see, WPML not translating Categories, DESCRIPTION, ADDITIONAL INFORMATION word.

Am I set WPML translation wrong?

I also following this https://wpml.org/forums/topic/additional-information-tab-string-not-translates/. but I cant found it on my dashboard admin

July 11, 2018 at 5:49 pm #2487814

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking. Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 13, 2018 at 2:00 pm #2492275

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. I have a doubt, how you are handling the *ADDITIONAL INFORMATION* feature. Because I can't trace it exactly in the Product Edit screen of the default language product.

The Product categories are already translated that is why it is not showing in WPML Translation Editor. Now we have an option to hide the translated taxonomy terms from WPML Translation Editor, we can enable/disable it from *Don't include already translated terms in the translation editor* option from WPML>>Settings>>How to translate posts and pages>>Taxonomies. By default, it will be enabled.

The Product Description is showing as expected in the WPML Translation Editor. Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 16, 2018 at 1:32 am #2527351

setyo-hadiJ

Dear Bigul,

This what i mean.

Please see images hidden link

July 16, 2018 at 6:25 pm #2528638

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. The Product Description is listing for the translation in the WPML Translation Editor as expected now.

But somehow the *ADDITIONAL INFORMATION* details are not showing the in Product Edit screen. So how you are adding the *ADDITIONAL INFORMATION* details to a product. Sorry, I am not able to track it exactly.

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 17, 2018 at 12:39 am #2528880

setyo-hadiJ

Dear bigul,

I know to translating Product Description content. I just want to translating "Description" and "ADDITIONAL INFORMATION" word

July 17, 2018 at 2:55 pm #2530459

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I was a bit confused about the requirement. Now able to translate those strings after the following steps.

1) Visit WPML>>Theme and plugins localization
2) Choose *Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files)* option for Localization options>>How to translate strings in themes and plugins?
3) Scan the theme strings for translation from *Strings in the themes* section
4) Visits WPML>>String Translation
5) Translate the strings from the String Translation panel. It is registered under *WooCommerce* string domain

Please check the attached image for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML not translating Categories, DESCRIPTION, ADDITIONAL INFORMATION word.’ is closed to new replies.