Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
May 5, 2019 at 2:33 pm #3743011

davidM-187

I am trying to:
Use the plugin's translation management system.
Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Downloadable, full jobs in translation manager. Functionality etc.

Instead, I got:
Pages sent to translation don't contain all relevant fields.
Greyed out action buttons on jobs. Bugs when clicking download action button on, getting error "Xliff not available please try again later. You name it.

This probably stems from this issue:
https://wpml.org/errata/gutenberg-blocks-created-using-acf-5-8-are-not-translatable/comment-page-1/?unapproved=2183627&moderation-hash=25b84d89e3495b7bc1f38199fc56920b#comment-2183627

But we will need a more solid timeline estimate.
Additionally, if there is some workaround or method to get translations done in the meanwhile, it would help alot.
We wasted a pretty penny mucking about with this, before realizing the problem is lack of feature support, so we'd be very appreciative if you can provide us with a timely solution that will save some of the manual work that is now required (until translation management is supported with ACF).

Thank you!
Thank you!

TM.PNG
May 6, 2019 at 8:08 am #3745733

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Please see this:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/keeping-acf-block-in-gutenberg-for-post-objects-synced/#post-3194385

I asked Konrad Karpieszuk, our Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual developer about the errata and he just updated it:

"Update (May 6th, 2019): The required changes are in WordPress now and we are going to release the new version of ACFML with support for ACF Gutenberg Blocks in the beginning of the May. The target version is ACFML 1.3."

https://wpml.org/errata/gutenberg-blocks-created-using-acf-5-8-are-not-translatable/

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 6, 2019 at 10:43 am #3747129

davidM-187

Hey Bruno,

Thank you for the timely and attentive reply.
I understand the current situation, in that we need to wait for the update to get the fix.
I just want to make sure that the behavior we are seeing is related -

- Non-functionality + errors in translation management tabs.
- Only partial content is sent/received from translation services (not all fields appear in job)

We just want to be sure this is not an additional issue.
For now, we'll wait, but if there are any workarounds, or ways to make the manual translation more efficient that you are aware of , we'll very pleased if you shared.

Thanks Bruno!

May 6, 2019 at 12:35 pm #3748345

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Bugs when clicking download action button on, getting error "Xliff not available please try again later.

I am not sure if this is related (it may be, but I may be wrong as well) - perhaps it would be the best if you create a new ticket for this (you can test this if this happens on pages/posts/etc without having ACF blocks on those and see if the same issue happens), as this would be faster since you supporters would be working on multiple of your tickets as the same time.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 7, 2019 at 11:45 am #3757457

davidM-187

We will wait for now to see if the fix is released in the next few days.
Then we will test and decide how to continue with this ticket and other support options.

Thanks Bruno!

May 27, 2019 at 7:51 am #3894205

davidM-187

Hey Bruno,

We've updated the plugin and tried again to send translations to the basket and the issue persists. Please see attached our Careers page which is only sending 2 words to translation (page is full of text).

Please let me know if you need more details.

dashboard.JPG
page_preview.JPG
basket.JPG
May 27, 2019 at 1:44 pm #3897943

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

We've updated the plugin and tried again to send translations to the basket and the issue persists

Can you do the following:
- open the original page and only click update and the open the translation in in translation editor
- before that, set translation preferences to "Translate"

Does it help?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

Screenshot_20190527_154223.jpg
May 30, 2019 at 10:43 am #3922239

davidM-187

Hey Bruno,

We have set this to Translatable on all pages.
Still only a few words are passed into the translation basket for each page.
Please let me know if I can provide you with more info.

Thanks,

May 31, 2019 at 11:11 am #3929991

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi david,

Bruno is off for the day, I will take care of this ticket.

After reading the thread I can summarise the issue as,

You are still having issues exporting pages created with ACF blocks after Updating the Advanced Custom fields Multilingual plugin to version 1.3, Correct me if I am wrong.

Please share temporary access to your site let me check a few parameters before try to isolate the issue. I have enabled the private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

June 2, 2019 at 3:03 pm #3937543

davidM-187

Hi Raja,
1. The first problem is that when we want to send the documents to translation via the Translations Management, WPML does not retrieve all the content on the pages. For instance, for one certain page it shows only 2 words when in reality we have hundreds.
2. Second - even if we manage to send the entire text to translations, when it comes back from the translator we cannot access the file with the translated text.
Raja - we are struggling with these issue for months already - I suggest please we have an online chat where we can show you live what is going on and hopefully we can solve it on the spot. Please let us know when we can talk tomorrow at 12:00PM or Tuesday morning Israel time. around Thank you very much Raja!

binah_WP_problems.png
June 3, 2019 at 9:05 am #3940585

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi David,

Thanks for the detailed information, SInce ACF block support is recently added I would like to test the compatibility and check if the issue can be reproduced on a clean installation.

Please install ACF pro latest in the sandbox site (link below), I have installed all the required plugins like WPML, ACF multilingual to the test site. Please complete the setup and try to reproduce the issue with a test ACF block.

Please let us know the steps you followed if possible screen record and share with us it will easy for me to escalate it to the developers

One Click Login: hidden link

I hope I can understand your issue, and we are moving in the right direction, Let us try to reproduce on the clean installation if we still need further assistance we can connect through chat.

Kind regards
Raja

June 3, 2019 at 2:00 pm #3943193

davidM-187

Hello Raja,
Can you please schedule a call for tomorrow, Tue, Jun 4 anytime between 12:30 - 3:00 pm IL time? We are not really sure what you want us to do in the Sandbox and we need to move fast with a solution rather than testing.
Thank you!
David

June 4, 2019 at 5:55 am #3948199

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi David,

I can understand your concerns, However, we don't support any live calls yet instead you can start a new chat ticket the supporters whoever is available at that time will try to help you better.
Since ACF blocks is a new feature we don't have any quick solution unless we test the scenario.

The purpose of the sandbox site is to reproduce the same issue and if it doesn't have any quick solution we will escalate it to our developers which is the most elegant ways.

Kindly consider the below steps we require you to do in the sandbox site.
- Complete WPML setup
- Install ACF pro
- Create a new ACF block
- Send it to translation queue
- Try downloading the Xliff

Please share the results, We can take it further from there.

Kind regards
Raja

June 4, 2019 at 2:13 pm #3952555

davidM-187

Hey Raja,

I'm afraid this solution will not work for us. Mostly because we will not be able to fully recreate our website on you're sandbox, and will be also be very time intensive to do.
Instead we have allowed access to our WP staging environment so you to take a look at the problem directly.

Please provide an e-mail to create a WP admin account for you.

Thanks.

June 5, 2019 at 1:15 pm #3960773

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi David,

Sorry for the delay, It's my day off today (Eid celebration), I just jumped into responding to some of the pushing issues.

You don't need to create an entire setup on the sandbox site instead create a sample ACF block that would give us an idea, Anyhow access to your staging site would help, for the time being, You can create access with a dummy email id or if you prefer please use raja.m@onthegosystems.com

Kind regards
Raja