Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 6, 2019 at 9:24 am #3967735

davidM-187

Hey Raja,

Sent you an invite to WP with Editor permissions for our staging environment -
binahaistg.wpengine.com
User is the email provided.

Please let me know if you need Admin permissions.
You can add and remove pages from Translation basket, or anything to do with Translation management which is reversible.
Please also indicate any actions or changes you make while logged in.

Thank you Raja!

June 6, 2019 at 12:05 pm #3969043

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hey David,

Thanks for the access, However, I would require administrator privileges to perform certain actions and to check a few parameters in WPML settings.

Kind regards
Raja

June 6, 2019 at 12:51 pm #3969307

davidM-187

Access provided. User role set to Admin.
Thanks

June 7, 2019 at 10:34 am #3975541

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi David,

Your setup seems to be different for the custom field,
1) I don't see any ACF field groups, I have created a test field group and added to the contact block but the field is not displaying on the block editor.

2) This seems like you have added custom blocks but it is not working well with the ACFML

As I said this is something different than what we support or maybe I am not sure, I have requested assistance from the plugin developer, I will let you know once I get some update from the developer.

Kind regards
Raja

June 7, 2019 at 10:51 am #3975575

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi David,

I have received feedback from the developer,

As I have mentioned this kind of blocks is new to us. However, we would like to know how these blocks are created? Do you use any PHP snippet or JSON to create these kinds of blocks?
As I can see I am not able to add additional fields to the existing blocks.
This will help us conclude whether we are supporting these kinds of blocks yet.

Kind regards
Raja

June 10, 2019 at 1:47 pm #3987785

davidM-187

Hey Raja,

The ACF admin page hidden on staging/production, because we don't manually customize the fields there.

We use acf-json (hidden link) on local development environments and then just deploy the json files to staging/production.

Perhaps the custom fields group you created is not showing because we already have a custom group for the Contact block that is taking precedence.

The blocks are registered using function `acf_register_block` (hidden link).
In the blocks rendering we use `get_field` to get the fields of the block.

Also, none of the fields in our blocks are set to "Translate" in the "Translation preferences".

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need further info.
Thanks!

June 11, 2019 at 5:08 am #3991899

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi David,

Thanks for the clarification, We are yet to support JSON and PHP import from another site as of now this is still under development, I am adding your ticket to the development ticket for a better follow up.

Unfortunately, we are unable to give an estimated time for this, the support will be available in any of our future releases, I will keep you posted about any updates.

Kind regards
Raja

June 11, 2019 at 8:37 am #3993327

davidM-187

hey Raja,

Thanks a lot for the assistance so far.
I''m not entirely clear on what you mean by "another site"-
"We are yet to support JSON and PHP import from another site."

Is the problem -
- The fact we use JSON for ACF? (and not DB)
- The way Gutenberg registers the ACF?

Most importantly:
Could you please explain further and suggest what possibilities we have to make changes that will allow full compatibility and ensure translation management works.

Thanks you!

June 18, 2019 at 5:37 pm #4045551

davidM-187

Hey Raja,

Any updates?

I'm seeing this message now -
This thread is marked as escalated to WPML Developers team. Support staff may not reply to more posts. If you need further assistance from our staff, please start a new thread.

How should be proceed to resolve our issue?
Thank you!

August 5, 2021 at 7:16 am #9347273

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hello there,

The issue is not relevant anymore and should be already fixed in one of our latest plugin updates, If not already done Please update all the WPML plugins to the latest version.

I am marking the ticket as resolved, Feel free to reach us if you still need further assistance with our plugin.

Regards
Raja