This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 3.38 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
June 13, 2019 at 3:20 pm #4014391

philipP-8

I have updated my wordpress version to the latest version then wpml and its addons are showing error. i have updated wpml version as suggested by you but still it is showing errors it is not compatible with latest wordpress version. I have disabled one wpml addon plugin now.
I have revert back worpdress version to old version after seeing the error with updated wordpress version but still i am getting errors with old wordpress version.

June 13, 2019 at 6:56 pm #4016459

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

please verify that you are using the latest versions of WPML that are listed here

https://wpml.org/downloads/

it seems that WPML is updated to the latest version but WPML String Translation is not.

WPML Multilingual CMS
Adds languages to WordPress ...

v 4.2.6

String Translation
Translate general texts ...

v 2.10.4

Translation Management
Work with translators ...

v 2.8.5

Media Translation
Translate images ...

v 2.5.2

NOTE: even if your WPML main plugin is the correct version i suggest to deactivate , delete and re install a fresh version of it as well.

Additionally after verifying you have the latest versions , let me know your results and also share with me your error log if the issue continues

You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

June 14, 2019 at 3:27 am #4018115

philipP-8

Hi
Please check the version, I have updated all the plugins from the wpml account.
you can see the plugin versions in this screesnshot : hidden link

when I activate the translation management plugin then it give an error which I have mention in my previous message with screenshot.
So please let me know that what should I have to do ?
Please look into this asap.
Thansk

June 14, 2019 at 5:21 pm #4023239

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for the screenshot.

Please downgrade your WPML version from 4.2.7 to 4.2.6 , we have pulled the 4.2.7 version off our downloads page due to some issues that were being experienced.

Once you have downgraded to 4.2.6 let me know your results
https://wpml.org/downloads/

The topic ‘[Closed] wpml old and new version are not compatible with latest wordpress version’ is closed to new replies.