Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
September 14, 2020 at 11:11 am

clausR-2

WPML picks up older version of Elementor for translation

September 14, 2020 at 12:41 pm
September 15, 2020 at 1:38 am #7013559

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting our support service. I read all the issue description provided by my colleague Carlos and see you are having issues with WPML parsing revision content to be translated. In order to confirm it as possible bug or a new compatibility issue, please, follow these procedures:

• Install the theme/plugin in a clean installation and reproduce the problem in this new installation. So we can isolate it and do some testing without the interference of server settings or other plugins
  • After this, I will check the problem in this new installation and look for a quick solution
    If I can not find a solution, I will forward the problem to our compatibility team.
  • The compatibility team will do some more testing and will contact the product author to fix the issue

I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link - Through this link you will be automatically logged in.

Please upload the (theme/plugin) to this test install, setup it the same way as in your website (using the same options) and create some dummy content to reproduce the issue. Please note that we only need the (theme/plugin) and the related functionality, you don't need to setup a entire website or clone your existing site. The fewer plugins the better.

After that, please send us clear steps on how to see/reproduce the issue on this test install. We will run some tests.

Please, let me know when you are ready, thank you for your collaboration, have a nice day.

September 15, 2020 at 7:19 am #7015185

clausR-2

I really don't get why I have to spend time debugging your solution? I was of the understanding that we agreed already that this was a bug and it shouldn't occur.
If I have to create a similar setup.. I would need to spend more more money and new licenses.

I can pass you a WP migration file, so you can debug it locally.
We bought this plugin for our commercial website and we still have a lot to be done.

Why is this being handled in a public forum?

September 15, 2020 at 5:17 pm
September 15, 2020 at 5:19 pm #7020163

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply. Thanks.

September 16, 2020 at 6:37 am #7023417

clausR-2

The site is now migrated

September 17, 2020 at 4:52 pm
September 17, 2020 at 4:53 pm #7039221

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my previous private reply and let me know the results. Thanks.

September 18, 2020 at 7:00 am #7043095

clausR-2

The issue still persist.. Like previously described.. I see you've deleted almost all of the content from the "frontpage" page and inserted you own NEW headline, but still ALL of the old content is showing up in the translation editor including your new headline.

September 22, 2020 at 12:03 pm #7069253

clausR-2

Any news on this?
Is there some way to escalate this issue?

September 22, 2020 at 2:13 pm #7070297

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Yes, sure, it can be escalated, however before that, we need to replicate the issue in the migrated website. Once again, I tried to replicate it and it doesn't seem to happen.

I clicked to edit a translation and only the new content is displayed for translation, maybe the 'old content' you refer is related to the media attached to the post which indeed happens, but no content found in Elementor page/post revisions are being displayed. Can you please, replicate the issue in the migrated website recording your screen (you can login with the information provided at: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-picks-up-older-version-of-elementor-for-translation/#post-7039215 )? You can use this tool for the screen record task: hidden link.

This confirmation will help me to determine how you are replicating this issue and if it is the case I will escalate it right away for our second tier support team.

Thank you for your collaboration and understanding.

September 23, 2020 at 8:11 am #7077229

clausR-2

Marcos. The test test keeps creating a 502 error when I try to save anything in Elementor, But please! I can see that you've deleted all content from the "frontpage" page, but still all he old fields are still showing for all available languages along with your new headline, you've created, as previously stated. That would mean that it will sent unnecessary content out to translation services, resulting in an increased cost for no reason. Our translations service also see duplicated content and the word count is completely off. What other proof do you need?

Sorry for being so blunt, but this is getting so frustrating and it seams to me like we are getting nowhere, so thanks for trying.. I guess.

September 24, 2020 at 1:12 am #7084619

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates, I do understand all your concerns, I am doing my best to solve it. I tested it again in the migrated site and tried the following:

1 - At WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Packages I deleted the string package 'Page Builder Page 10' which is the ID of the problematic homepage.

2 - Then, at WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translation Management > Translation Jobs I cancelled all the translation jobs for this problematic page, so we can have a fresh start.

Note: You have two 'frontpages' so make sure to cancel the translation jobs of the right page. The one of ID 10 in the migrated website.

3 - I clicked to edit the homepage using the Elementor builder and saved the editings.

4 - Back at WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translation Management I sent the homepage into question to be translated.

5 - I clicked to edit the translations at WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Translations and then I didn't see any old content (see attached screenshot).

6 - The same happened when I clicked to add/edit a translation right from the page editing, instead of using the WPML Translation Management feature.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/

Can you please, confirm if the same steps help to solve your issue? Have a nice day.

customer_screen_145.png