This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
July 29, 2019 at 1:39 am #4296245

liS

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'element_id and type do not match for element_id:28086 the database contains post_attachment while this function was called with post_nav_menu_item' in /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1426): WPML_Set_Language->set('28086', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en', NULL, true) #1 /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(211): SitePress->set_element_language_details('28086', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en') #2 /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(78): WPML_Nav_Menu->_set_menus_language() #3 [internal function]: WPML_Nav_Men in /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php on line 32
The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

July 29, 2019 at 3:59 am #4296757

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please be sure to make a full backup of your site and database.

Then, go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting.

Look for 'Clean up' and click the following: - Clear the cache in WPML - Remove ghost entries from the translation tables - Fix element_type collation - Set language information

Then please do a manual update by following the steps here: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#updating-manually

Lastly, if the error message still shows up, access your database (you should be able to access this through your channel (eg: cPanel )).
Search for the element_id:28086 that is showing in the error message in the wp_posts table and once you find it, try deleting that row.
Then, activate a fresh download of WPML core plugin.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

July 29, 2019 at 8:37 am #4297805

liS

here is screen shot to show you the plugin at the backend.
I went to phpadmin, to option, then to active plugins, shown as attachment.
I could delete the code to deactivate all plugins, I can open the website, but still can not install MPML correctly. Looking forward to quick help

July 29, 2019 at 10:41 am #4298791

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

but still can not install MPML correctly.
- what is the issue you are having now?
- could you please show a screenshot?

July 29, 2019 at 10:48 am #4298889

liS

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'element_id and type do not match for element_id:28086 the database contains post_attachment while this function was called with post_nav_menu_item' in /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1426): WPML_Set_Language->set('28086', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en', NULL, true) #1 /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(211): SitePress->set_element_language_details('28086', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en') #2 /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(78): WPML_Nav_Menu->_set_menus_language() #3 [internal function]: WPML_Nav_Men in /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php on line 32
The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

July 29, 2019 at 10:50 am #4298897

liS

Your system does not accept my attachment, limitation to 1MB, but my screen shot is 1.60 MB. Actually the problem is same as before. It simply does not allow me to activate WPML plugin. I don't know the reason. I have tried four times, same mistake, although I had cleared the cache.

July 29, 2019 at 10:56 am #4298907

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Let me know your site login details to check this closely.
The next reply is private.

Regards,

July 29, 2019 at 11:24 am #4299025

liS

I tried it again, but the mistake happened again. So i sent you the warning message and WP admin user name and password. I will go to the server phpadmin to deactivate all plugins so that you can access to the backend by yourself. Sorry I do not have FTP account, and I do not know how to use FTP.

July 29, 2019 at 11:27 am #4299061

liS

I delete the following coding to deactivate all plugins

a:15:{i:0;s:40:"sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php";i:1;s:41:"Ultimate_VC_Addons/Ultimate_VC_Addons.php";i:2;s:19:"akismet/akismet.php";i:3;s:23:"elementor/elementor.php";i:4;s:35:"envato-elements/envato-elements.php";i:5;s:31:"envato-market/envato-market.php";i:6;s:27:"js_composer/js_composer.php";i:7;s:47:"one-click-demo-import/one-click-demo-import.php";i:8;s:47:"really-simple-ssl/rlrsssl-really-simple-ssl.php";i:9;s:28:"rentals-gutenberg/plugin.php";i:10;s:24:"wordpress-seo/wp-seo.php";i:11;s:35:"wp-fastest-cache/wpFastestCache.php";i:12;s:21:"wp-sweep/wp-sweep.php";i:13;s:33:"wprentals-core/wprentals-core.php";i:14;s:43:"wprentals-elementor/wprentals-elementor.php";}

July 29, 2019 at 11:30 am #4299183

liS

The backend can be accessed now after deactivating all plugins.
After you go to the dashboard, you will find most plugins activated except yours (WPML):

WPML Multilingual CMS
Activate | Delete
WPML Multilingual CMS | Documentation | WPML 4.0.7 release notes

Version 4.0.7 | By OnTheGoSystems | Visit plugin site
Select WPML String Translation
WPML String Translation
Activate | Delete
Adds theme and plugins localization capabilities to WPML | Documentation | WPML String Translation 2.8.7 release notes

Version 2.8.7 | By OnTheGoSystems | Visit plugin site
Select WPML Translation Management
WPML Translation Management
Activate | Delete
Add a complete translation process for WPML | Documentation | WPML Translation Management 2.6.7 release notes

Version 2.6.7 | By OnTheGoSystems | Visit plugin site

July 29, 2019 at 11:52 am #4299399

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

You are using an older version of WPML: hidden link
It might be a compatible issue as well between older versions of WPML and elementor.

1. Take a full backup of your site.
2. Then follow this step again: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-plugin-can-not-be-activated-warning-message-as-following/#post-4296757
- change the element ID to 1950 this time.
3. delete the wpml plugin folder which you can find in yoursite.com/wp-content/plugins/WPML-Mulitlimgual-CMS/
4. download a fresh copy from https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
5. install and activate.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,

July 29, 2019 at 12:25 pm #4299579

liS

Thanks for your reply and help.
But I can NOT understand this step:

Then follow this step again:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-plugin-can-not-be-activated-warning-message-as-following/#post-4296757
- change the element ID to 1950 this time.
How to do it?? where should I go to?
I have no idea where to change 1950 ? it sounds strange to me.
I am confused and not sure where to go? Do you want to go to the phpadmin ? or any where?

July 29, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4299867

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

That comes from here:

if the error message still shows up, access your database (you should be able to access this through your channel (eg: cPanel )).
Search for the element_id:1950 that is showing in the error message in the wp_posts table and once you find it, try deleting that row.
Then, follow the other steps as explained above.

Regards,

July 29, 2019 at 1:05 pm #4300001

Riffaz
Supporter

** updating status

July 29, 2019 at 2:07 pm #4300715

liS

Riffaz :
I followed your advice and downloaded new plugin multilingual CMS 4.2.7.1. and uploaded to the backend, But there is still warning message. I tried my best to search element_id: 1950, but I could NOT find it among too much data on cPanel. Can you narrow the path for me easily to find it? please give me detailed steps how to find element id 1950?

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'InvalidArgumentException' with message 'element_id and type do not match for element_id:1950 the database contains post_attachment while this function was called with post_nav_menu_item' in /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1490): WPML_Set_Language->set('1950', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en', NULL, true) #1 /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(211): SitePress->set_element_language_details('1950', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en') #2 /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(78): WPML_Nav_Menu->_set_menus_language() #3 [internal function]: WPML_Nav_Menu-> in /home/seosolut/public_html/retirementhomes.site/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php on line 32