This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 11 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
July 29, 2019 at 2:43 pm #4300975

liS

Let me attach my three steps screen shots :
1. step -go to cPanel
2. step - go to phpmyadmin
3. step. there are too much data, i input the keywords, element-ID 1950, nothing appears under the search, i read line by line, but there was no clue similar as your advice.
Please give me a better solution, we are close to find out the problem.

July 29, 2019 at 2:44 pm #4301005

liS

your workplace should allow 2mb files as minimum if you do not mind my suggestion.

July 30, 2019 at 8:53 am #4305875

liS

Riffaz: can you answer to my last email? I am still waiting for your advice how to solve the coding problem. thank you.

July 30, 2019 at 9:14 am #4306003

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Let me know your site login details and your cPanel login details.
We need to dig this more deeply.
The next reply is private.

Please take a full back up of your site and database before I start checking your database.

Regarding the 2mb upload size I am passing to the relevant department.

Regards,
Riffaz.

July 30, 2019 at 2:32 pm #4308549

liS

Riffaz: the user name and password is not for FTP, it is for cPanel and server login. I did not use FTP before. Hopefully your technician will be able to login cPanel. If you need, I can help you deactivate all plugins by myself.
As to your migration proposal, I will read details tomorrow.

July 30, 2019 at 11:59 pm #4310765

liS

Riffaz:
I write you this email to let you know that I have found a solution to solve the issue. I downloaded WP database reset plugin, to reset the website and clean all old content, then I re-install WPML, it starts to work properly now. The good news is the website can run; the bad news is all pages and contents are lost. Anyway it is better solution comparing with long time to find coding problem. So please close this ticket. Thanks for all your help in the past and will continue to contact you if there were any problems again.
Thank you, have a nice day !

July 31, 2019 at 3:22 pm #4315971

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Great, it works now.
So, as I mentioned and suspected the issue was related to the database.
I've been trying to help to solve this without losing your old data but as you are ok with a fresh environment we do not have to dig this more. 🙂

Thank you for letting us know and thanks to followed the instructions.

Please close this ticket (I am marking this as resolved) and open a new ticket if you have any other question.

Thank you for using WPML.

Regards,