This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 7, 2018 at 3:08 pm #2793906

janeK-3

Hello Carlos Rojas, could you please help me again?

Today while I was working on my website, all of a sudden I got a 404 error on a lot of my pages. All content was gone and my menu bar was how it looked like 6 months ago. Obviously I panicked and contacted the wordpress helpdesk. They couldn't find the reason why my website looked like that, because in my dashboard everything looked OK and all the recent content was still there. They put a backup of a couple of days ago on my website and everything looks more or less OK now. But, my WPML plugins are deactivated, so my English and Dutch pages are all mixed up. When I try to activate all WPML plugins I get this message:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error. Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'ComposerAutoloaderInit3428b161a271f8b37f1c2b9efd2d66fc' not found in /home2/jrmhpgmy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/old_sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/autoload.php:7 Stack trace: #0 /home2/jrmhpgmy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/old_sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.php(52): require_once() #1 /home2/jrmhpgmy/public_html/wp-admin/includes/plugin.php(1897): include('/home2/jrmhpgmy...') #2 /home2/jrmhpgmy/public_html/wp-admin/plugins.php(178): plugin_sandbox_scrape('old_sitepress-m...') #3 {main} thrown in /home2/jrmhpgmy/public_html/wp-content/plugins/old_sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/autoload.php on line 7

Can you pleaseeeeee help me Carlos 🙁 ? I cannot provide the debug information since I cant activate the WPML plugin

October 9, 2018 at 1:32 am #2797640

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Jane,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

Issue solved 🙂
I manually updated the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin and the issue disappeared.

Could you confirm that the issue is solved?
Best regards,
Carlos

October 9, 2018 at 8:18 am #2798847

janeK-3

Thank you sooo much! I thought I had a big problem.. "fatal error" sounds really bad!

The only thing is. all my string translations are gone and are all in English on my Dutch page.. Is there a way I can get them back without manually translation everything again?

October 9, 2018 at 5:49 pm #2801500

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi Jane,

Could you provide some screenshots to point out where are the untranslated strings?

Regards,
Carlos