Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by chris 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
April 17, 2014 at 5:22 pm #382926

stevenV-3

Hi,

My site is loading very slow since I installed plugin W3 Total Cache, and when I do a test at pingdom it seems that some parts of the WPML plugin are causing problems. Is there some advice about the use of both plugins together please? thanks in advance!

April 17, 2014 at 5:35 pm #382936

stevenV-3

I've been looking around here and found in a topic that it could be a problem with the object caching, so I disabled the object caching and loading time is much faster... is there a bug somewhere?

April 17, 2014 at 7:26 pm #382966

Amir
Supporter

You're right. Object caching in W3TC doesn't allow WPML to set the language information for objects. As a result, the cache gets continuously overwritten by different languages.

If you disable object caching, W3TC will work great with WPML. We're aware of this and are planning to work with W3TC team to fix.

April 18, 2014 at 7:42 am #383154

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Dear Steven,

My name is Konrad and I will assist you when we will solve this problem together. Today Amir has day off.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with his answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have

April 22, 2014 at 7:50 am #384800

stevenV-3

thanks for help guys, I hope there will be a solution got the object caching with W3TC combined with WPML, until then no object caching 😉

June 24, 2014 at 9:50 pm #424635

chris

Hi,
Any update on this? Would really speed up sites if we could use object caching properly.

Thanks