Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Avada fonts different on translations Solution: I checked CSS of the translated pages, but somehow font weights were not set, they had empty values so they were basically 400 and not 700 as they are on originals. Since all this CSS comes from Avada theme options, I opened Avada options, switched to English language and set typography there.

If you see any other difference between font styles, I suggest you try the same - checking whether these settings are synchronized between original language setting and translated languages and if yes, set them.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
November 8, 2019 at 7:55 am #4911165

kathleenB-2

Hallo,

leider musste ich feststellen, dass die WPML Plugins Einfluss auf die Überschriften-Typographie meiner Website haben (H1 bis H6 Überschriften). Sie werden nur noch in Fettschrift angezeigt und das ist sehr unschön. Wenn ich die WPML Plugins deaktiviere ist alles wieder normal. Was kann man dagegen tun?

Siehe Screenshot anbei.

November 8, 2019 at 9:23 am #4911713

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Can you show me your site URL, and also translated URLs where I can see the issue?

In order to debug this issue further quickly, would you be willing to provide me with temporary WordPress admin username so I could investigate the issue directly?

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please make a full backup of your site before sharing this info!

I marked your next reply as private so that you can safely add credentials.

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 12, 2019 at 10:20 am #4930605

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Kathleen,

Can you check now? I checked CSS of the translated pages, but somehow font weights were not set, they had empty values so they were basically 400 and not 700 as they are on originals. Since all this CSS comes from Avada theme options, I opened Avada options, switched to English language and set typography there.

If you see any other difference between font styles, I suggest you try the same - checking whether these settings are synchronized between original language setting and translated languages and if yes, set them and clean Autoptimize cache.
hidden link

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 12, 2019 at 10:37 am #4930781

kathleenB-2

Hi Bruno,

Thank you so much for your support!

Kind regards
Kathleen

November 12, 2019 at 11:21 am #4931187

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

Marking this thread as resolved then - let me know if it isn't, you have about 12 hours to reopen it before it gets permanently closed.

Regards,
Bruno Kos