Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 1 year, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Itamar.

Author Posts
May 21, 2022 at 12:10 pm #11271017

Ali Elsnafawy

WPML Plugins Kill my server Performance
Please help
i post more than 4 topics without any useful advice
every advice is the support person make every thing from my side and this not good for business
can you please help because i disabled the plugin after 2 years of work and i have data inside but i can't lost my client's and visitors due my website is slow

can you reduce the elements thats used on the plugins
because the performance of my website is 90% and after plugin active is 40%
loading time before 1 sec and after activation is 7 to 20 sec

i write before for this issue but i didn't get any real solution
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/my-website-is-so-slow-after-active-wpml-and-so-fast-without/

May 22, 2022 at 7:19 pm #11274325

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I'll help you figure out what is causing this problem on your site. Please start with checking if the W3 Total Cache is configured correctly. The W3 Total Cache plugin is officially compatible with WPML. Please review our guide at the following link to make sure you are working correctly with WPML and W3 Total Cache.

https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/optimize-multilingual-website-performance-using-w3-total-cache/

We strongly recommend ensuring that you complete your website design and have your website translated to your desired languages before activating and configuring the W3 Total Cache. And suggest that you retain the default settings in the Advanced section.

As a first step, please check if deactivating the W3 Total Cache plugin fixes the performance issue.

Regards,
Itamar.

May 22, 2022 at 9:38 pm #11274449

Ali Elsnafawy

i make all setting but i face this issue

Screen Shot 2022-05-23 at 12.27.17 AM.png
May 23, 2022 at 7:56 am #11276661

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

The message that you show in the screenshot is not coming from WPML.

Can you please explain to me why you think it is related to WPML?

If you need further help, please let me access your site and allow me to switch the theme to a default WordPress theme (2021) and deactivate third-party plugins. It is better if you give me access to a staging where the problem occurs and not to your live site.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the following reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Regards,
Itamar.

May 24, 2022 at 11:29 am #11291321

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, and thanks for the access details.

I've checked things on your site.

Now I understand that you get the following message (what you showed on the screenshot) when the option 'Memcached' is selected in General Settings -> Minify.

The following memcached servers are not responding or not running:

Minify: 127.0.0.1:11211.
This message will automatically disappear once the issue is resolved.

Please see the attached screenshot memecache-enabled.jpg. So, for now, it is better to have the 'Disk' option selected. This is the current selection.

I test the loading time of the homepage in two situations.

1. When WPML and String Translation are active, the loading time was - 12.8 seconds. Screenshot wpml-st-active.jpg.

2. When WPML and String Translation are NOT active, the loading time was - 11.6 seconds.
Screenshot wpml-st-not-active.jpg.

This difference in loading time is expected when WPML and String Translation are active. And in any case, is not the difference in loading time that you reported:

can you reduce the elements thats used on the plugins
because the performance of my website is 90% and after plugin active is 40%
loading time before 1 sec and after activation is 7 to 20 sec

I noticed that our following plugins are not active on your site.

- Contact Form 7 Multilingual

- WooCommerce Multilingual & Multicurrency

- WPML SEO

Since you are using the Contact Form 7, WooCommerce, and Yoast SEO plugins, the above plugins need to be activated.

Did you deactivate the above plugins on purpose?

Regards,
Itamar.

memecache-enabled.jpg
wpml-st-active.jpg
wpml-st-not-active.jpg
May 24, 2022 at 10:28 pm #11297335

Ali Elsnafawy

can you see the diffrent between active and not active on categories page and single product page

not active3.png
not active2.png
not active.png
active2.png
active1.png
May 24, 2022 at 10:42 pm #11297523

Ali Elsnafawy

this also

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 1.42.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 1.34.38 AM.png
May 25, 2022 at 7:43 am #11300413

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

Yes, on the product category page on the following link, I can see a difference of around 2 seconds when WPML is active and not active.

hidden link

Please see the attached screenshots wpml-active-71.jpg and wpml-not-active-52.jpg.

To continue investigating this issue we need your permission to check for any collision with the theme and third-party plugins. For this, we need your permission to switch the theme to a default WordPress theme and deactivate the third-party plugins. But we refrain to do it on a live site unless you give us your direct permission. The prepared option is that you give us access to a staging site where the performance problem occurs and we will proceed to check the issue on the staging site without the risk of breaking your live site. If you have a staging site please share with us the access. For this, I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Regards,
Itamar.

wpml-active-71.jpg
wpml-not-active-52.jpg
May 25, 2022 at 7:56 pm #11309533

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks.

I'll investigate this issue on your site and reply here when I have news regarding the problem.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

May 26, 2022 at 1:28 pm #11316651

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

I've found out the culprit plugin that causes the problem of performance is the Nasa Core. I think that this plugin is from the same author of your theme, the Elessi Theme.

Do you need this plugin to be active on your site?

Regards,
Itamar.

May 26, 2022 at 8:37 pm #11320585

Ali Elsnafawy

yes this is the theme core files

May 27, 2022 at 5:55 am #11322467

Itamar
Supporter

Do allow us to take a copy of your site?

Or can you send us a copy of your site?

You can upload it to a service like Google Drive or Dropbox and share the link with me.
For this, I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

May 27, 2022 at 10:31 am #11325079

Ali Elsnafawy

yes you can take copy

May 28, 2022 at 7:49 pm #11334555

Itamar
Supporter

Thanks

May 31, 2022 at 12:35 pm #11353207

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

I escalated this issue to our second-tier supporters. I'll keep you updated on any news regarding this issue.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.