This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Scheduled prices bug in the logic -> always the sale price is being used Solution: the issue will be resolved in the next version of WooCommerce multilingual ( the current one is 4.6.5.) Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

0% of people find this useful.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 10 voices.

Last updated by John 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 8:33 am

Cyril

On my woocommerce site, I manage products with 3 types of price variation. The main language of the site is English, the second language is French.

If I decide to apply a sale price for one of the variations (for example 100 Euros), the price is well taken into account for both languages.

If I update the sale price (ie : update sale price from 100 to 80 Euros), the prices are correctly updated for both languages.

On the other hand, if I decide to stop the promotion, and remove the sale price of the main language variation , then the price for the second language remains at 80 euros instead of being removed.

I have looked at many posts in the forum without finding the answer. I also deleted all the recommended actions like the product synchronization function, but this doesn't change anything.

it would seem that the synchronization of stocks is also a problem but it is a little less reproducible.

Help appreciated ! thx

May 14, 2019 at 9:06 am #3805007

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

then the price for the second language remains at 80 euros instead of being removed.

Can you tell me if you would be interested in testing this on our Sandbox site and if we confirm this as a bug, I will bring this to our developers for fixing? Let me know and I will set it all up for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 14, 2019 at 12:18 pm #3806657

Cyril

Hi Bruno,

Well i do not know, i'm not sure the sandbox will reflect my configuration at 100% (plugins, theme, database, etc.). Right ?

Anyhow, if you would like to reproduce the issue on our live platform, just edit sale price for product "Power brick 12V-250".

Regards
Cyril

May 14, 2019 at 12:35 pm
May 14, 2019 at 1:56 pm #3807787

Cyril

Hi Bruno. I can do the test but surely it will work on a clean install. Modifying sale price is quite a basic operation so i guess a bug here would have been fixed already.

Anyhow, i will do

May 14, 2019 at 2:33 pm #3808275

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

It would be fixed (if a bug) if somebody reported it before - however, sometimes very obvious things go unnoticed because they aren't used very often (even in testing), as weird as it sounds :).

Regards,
Bruno Kos

May 17, 2019 at 10:13 am #3833237

John

I'm also having same issues..
I have deleted on the main product sale price and on the 2nd language there still appears as sale product.
I have even removed the variations and add again and still on 2nd language no sync to main language price.

May 22, 2019 at 2:41 am #3860051

Thierry

Following this. Having the same issue.

June 2, 2019 at 9:59 am #3937085

Cyril

Hello Bruno,

I have digged into this, and have attached a view of the postmeta table before removing variation sale price, and after removing it. As you can see, the sale price is not removed from the table for secondary language, and i guess it is a bug.

After deleting the remaining record from database manually, all is fine.

ID 7685 is the secondary language variation of ID 2118 (primary language variation)

Hope this helps to investigate.

Cyril

June 3, 2019 at 9:15 am #3940709

great-i-amL

Following. Having the same issue.

June 5, 2019 at 8:12 am #3957851

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi Cyril,

According to our internal bug tracking system, this is a rather complex issue and has been escalated to our developers. Can you tell me if this is the scenario in which this happens ( so that we can confirm that you're having the same issue):

"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
- Setup WPML in 2 languages
- Setup WCML in multicurrency mode
- Set sale price and a schedule on a product.
- Set sale and schedule on the product
- When the sale ends, check the normal price in 2nd currency for the product.
- The price is the previously calculated sale price in 2nd currency used as base price for conversion (again).
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

This issue has been escalated to WPML developers. As for fixing it, I can't give you any dates, it could end up in the next release or in 6 months. This is totally up to developers - severity of the issue and number of reported cases (among other things) decide its queue on the list.

I will keep this thread updated as soon as I get any new information from them!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 6, 2019 at 9:28 pm #3972249

Cyril

Hi Bruno,

- Setup WPML in 2 languages => YES
- Setup WCML in multicurrency mode => NO
- Set sale price and a schedule on a product. => NO SCHEDULE
- Set sale and schedule on the product => NO SCHEDULE
- When the sale ends, check the normal price in 2nd currency for the product. => ??
- The price is the previously calculated sale price in 2nd currency used as base price for conversion (again). =>??

No, this is much more simple, as explained above :

For any product with variation

1/ Set sale price to value X (for primary language)
2/ Sale price for secondary language is automatically set to X
3/ Remove sale price (for primary language), this means set sale field to 'nothing'
4/ Sale price for secondary language is kept to X

This is ONLY for variations

June 7, 2019 at 5:26 pm #3978185

riyasU

Having the same issue. Only differences are no multicurrency and sale is NOT on a schedule.

June 12, 2019 at 9:26 am #4002475

Cyril

Hello,

4.2.7 version has been released but unfortunately i do not see the fix in the change log. May be next one..

July 9, 2019 at 12:31 pm #4170709

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

The fix for this is going into WooCommerce multilingual 4.6.6. Once the update is available, can you please try testing on your systems and let me know about the results?

Regards,
Bruno Kos