This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 17, 2019 at 3:28 pm #4589691

giorgosG-2

I am trying to: I moved the installation to a new server on digital ocean. Files and database were transferred via curl to the new server. Everything went smooth and installed fine. I used the registered button from plugins page I unregistered the plugin and then register it back again using a new key for the new sub domain.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: problem seems to be on the back-end only

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:
They key was successfully added however I don't see the second language that I have added on the old server. There were no translations, just the language. Also the menu under the WPML section has only the basic options like Languages, WP Menu Sync, Taxonomy translation and support but not any other options like the old server. If I go to add the language again it says this language has been added and already exists. Just to mention it was the language Gaelic which is not on the default wpml languages. I checked the database, all tables are there and all information but for some reason the plugin is not behaving normal on the back end.

Please advise!

September 18, 2019 at 11:15 pm #4600141

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Perhaps on migration, some data may have been corrupted. Please back up your database completely before following the steps below

- Click on the WPML > Support > Troubleshooting. Look for the "Clean up" section and click on these buttons:
-- Clear the cache in WPML
-- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
-- Fix element_type collation
-- Set language information
-- Fix post type assignment for translations

If the issue still persists, disable all your plugins and re-enable them, then follow the steps above again. Following the steps above, are the pages displayed correctly?

Thank you.

September 19, 2019 at 10:52 am #4603839

giorgosG-2

Hello,

I followed this procedure but nothing really changed. My wpml installation is really clear, I haven't translated anything so far I just installed the core plugin and add a language on it which has no translation at any page or post.

How can just remove it and reinstall it from scratch or is there a better way to make it back to normal?

Thank you,
Giorgos

September 21, 2019 at 2:55 am #4614979

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello Giorgos,

You can reset WPML by following the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Support > Troubleshooting
- Scroll down and look at the "Reset"
- Check the "I am about to reset all translation and language data."
- Click on the "Reset and deactivate WPML" button
- This will reset and disable WPML.
- Click on the Plugins > Installed Plugins and enable the WPML again

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have about it. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.