This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 8.18 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Author Posts
May 20, 2019 at 8:49 am #3845043

Kees Burg

Regularly too many redirects after which the site crashes. After approximately 1 hour the site is OK again

May 20, 2019 at 9:40 am #3845647

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I would like to ask you to follow this steps:
- Back up your site first before making any change, this is for security reasons.
- Update all outdated plugins and themes.
- Flush any cache memory that might exists.
- Go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting link -> Apply the troubleshooting steps in the attached image.
- Go to WPML -> Languages -> Browser redirect -> Deactivate any browser redirect (if apply).
- Double check if the issue disappeared.

If the issue persists then:
- Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML.
- Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- If the issue is gone, activate one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue.

Could you tell me the result of this steps?

Kind regards,
Carlos

May 20, 2019 at 7:59 pm #3849955

Kees Burg

I followed all your steps but the problem still exists. I tried to completely remove wpml on a test site but a lot is left behind. For example not only the product in the basic language but also products in the removed languages are still visible, translated menus and so on. Can you describe how I can completely remove the WPML plugin and I mean really everything that is generated by WPML on the site.

Regards,

Kees

May 20, 2019 at 8:20 pm #3850041

Kees Burg

This is what becomes visible about 3 times per hour and then disappears again after about 15 minutes

May 21, 2019 at 9:02 am #3853417

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,
Thank you very much for your feedback.

Before uninstall WPML you need to delete the content in the secondary languages and then deactivate/uninstall the plugins. This way all the information related to translations will disappear.

Regards,
Carlos

May 21, 2019 at 2:56 pm #3856403

Kees Burg

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your quick response. There is still one problem. I still see the translated products/media. How do I get rid of this?

Regards,

Kees

May 21, 2019 at 6:51 pm #3858341

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

To remove the media in the secondary languages you need to go to the Media Library -> Select the list mode view -> Change the language to a secondary language -> Select all media -> Remove it. Apply the same steps for each secondary language -> Then deactivate WPML Media plugin.

Regards,
Carlos

May 22, 2019 at 11:20 am #3864693

Kees Burg

HI Carlos,

The problem is getting bigger. With only woocommerce and WPML enabled the site still crashes. Only woocommerce is doing well

Regards ,

Kees

May 22, 2019 at 12:05 pm #3865091

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Kees,
Thank you for your feedback.

Could you tell me if you applied the steps described in this link? https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

If you haven't, please apply the steps and let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,
Carlos

May 22, 2019 at 12:13 pm #3865257

Kees Burg

Hi Carlos,

I don't get the chance to check this. When the server is reset, The site crashes on wpml in a few seconds. I have now disabled WPML via FTP.

Regards,

Kees

May 22, 2019 at 12:35 pm #3865461

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Kees,
Thank you for your feedback.

Could you just enable Sitepress Multilingual (WPML Multilingual CMS) plugin and apply the first steps, then activate String Translation and apply the other steps?

Regards,
Carlos

May 22, 2019 at 1:25 pm #3866127

Kees Burg

Hi Carlos,

I just enabeld only Woocommerce and WPML Multilangual CMS and the site Crashes in a few minutes.

Regards,

Kees

May 29, 2019 at 9:03 am #3913687

Kees Burg

We have discovered that the problem was caused by WPML. Because the problem has been running for two weeks I had to remove WPML and the problem is solved. I could no longer wait for all kinds of tests from you. Unfortunately I just renewed my license. a refund would be fair.

MVG,

Kees

May 29, 2019 at 11:26 am #3914833

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Kees,

In this link you will find our refund policy: https://wpml.org/purchase/refunds-policy/

Please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be more than happy to help.
Regards,
Carlos