This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
October 2, 2018 at 8:44 am #2780698

emmad-2

Tell us what you are trying to do? I am trying to translate the content from Swedish to Finnish

Is there any documentation that you are following? just following the instructions on the Wpml site, but can't find the wpml string plugin and can't translate without it. I read about the different packages you offer and the cheapest one, for one website, was supposed to translate just fine. Now however I can't get it to work and can't even delete it even if I try. It has also changed the way my front page looks which really isn't ideal.

I also downloaded the multilingual cms but yet for some reason it says on the top of the page(find image attached) that I need to download it.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?www.lindogard.com

October 4, 2018 at 5:04 am #2786434

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering.

The String Translation package is only available for the CMS package, which you can see on our purchase page: https://wpml.org/purchase/

The "Multilingual Blog" license is just for translating small websites, with posts and pages.

About the messages, you have installed some plugins that you may not need, such as "WPML All Import" and "WooCommerce Multilingual". These two plugins are just add-ons to work with "WP All Import" and "WooCommerce". If you are not using these two plugins, you can simply disable the WPML add-ons.

Please, let me know if I can help with any other questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

Thank you.

October 4, 2018 at 10:18 am #2787147

emmad-2

'is just for translating small websites with posts and pages' - does that mean I can't translate my website with the current multilingual blog license?

Many thanks,
Emma

October 4, 2018 at 9:20 pm #2788796

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

If you just want to translate posts and pages this should work correctly.

However, it is not possible to translate strings with String Translation, because String Translation is only available for the "Multilingual CMS" license.

Also, by the messages that are being displayed on your site (at your screenshot), you can not use WooCommerce Multilingual, since WooCommerce Multilingual needs String Translation to work.

When you try to translate some page, does any error message happen? You are unable to translate the pages of your site?

Note:
As you're using Elementor without the Translation Management, you will need to follow the steps in our documentation to manually translate page builder content: https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/page-builders/translating-content-created-with-page-builders-using-manual-translation/

If this is not what you are asking, can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

The topic ‘[Closed] wpml ruining my design – the front page now looks completely different’ is closed to new replies.