Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 70 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ali-hA 5 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
September 8, 2015 at 3:47 pm #699919

ali-hA

Hi, I contacted my theme support becouse I cant translate some custom tabs that comes with there theme. They told me this:

"Hello,

We tried to check if you have translated admin options correctly but faced the problem on translation page: (see picture)

hidden link

Please, solve the issue with WPML script first and contact us again, then we’ll be able to check your problem.

Regards"

can you please help me with this?

thanks.

September 9, 2015 at 10:00 am #700607

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

We have currently some jQuery conflict with WP Bakery Visual Composer - please try to disable this plugin and see if this works.

1. If the problem still persist, please check it when

- All non WPML Plugins are disabled
- Theme is set to default Twenty Fourteen

2. Activate WordPress debug.log and see if there are any errors displayed? Here are the instructions for activating it : https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Thanks.

September 9, 2015 at 11:17 am #700682

ali-hA

Hi,

The error on screenshot is related to the file wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/res/js/scripts.js.

thanks

September 9, 2015 at 12:04 pm #700718

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

This is okay, but have you tested the site with the instructions I gave you above?

I ask you to do this because I can't replicate the same issue on my testing site.

Thanks.

September 9, 2015 at 12:18 pm #700739

ali-hA

My freind I did not see the issue my self, 8theme replicated the issue when they where trying to solve something. They told me to fix the issue, so that they can help me. I dont know where to look at. If you like I can give you my log data and do the tests yourself.

Here is the topic in 8theme forum:

hidden link

thanks

September 9, 2015 at 12:23 pm #700744

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

In order to be of a better help, I will need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply like this hidden link .
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

// NOTE : Make sure that you have performed the backup before you let me access the site.

Thanks.

September 9, 2015 at 2:13 pm #700862

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I have problem with testing duplicate of your website. It redirects me always to the main site although everything is properly set in the database.

This issue is located under WPML > String Translation > Translate texts in admin screens (at the bottom of the page)

Since I am not sure if this is a live site or still in production phase I don't like to change anything. If you have the staging site, it will be great for me to test it out. So right now you know where the issue appears and how it looks like.

Can you please test if it appears with all non WPML Plugins disabled? If yes, then leave all plugins disabled and activate standard Twenty Fourteen theme and see if the issue still appears.

Thanks.

September 9, 2015 at 3:03 pm #700906

ali-hA

Hi, I disabled all non WPML plugins and the error desapeared. I started to activate one by one and the error did not come back :S . This is very strange.

see please if the error still there.

thanks

September 10, 2015 at 6:11 am #701313

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Unfortunately the error is still there. But it looks like it is caused by some plugin if it disappeared when you deactivated all the plugins.

Thanks.

September 10, 2015 at 8:37 am #701431

ali-hA

I am not seeing it, can you please send we a screenshot marking the error so that I can test again? Maybe I am confused.

thanks

September 10, 2015 at 8:46 am #701448

ali-hA

Ok, I think I found the plugin. ALO EasyMail Newsletter.

Can you please see if its gone?

thanks

September 10, 2015 at 9:42 am #701518

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

Unfortunately the issue is still there even when this plugin is deactivated.

Thanks.

September 10, 2015 at 9:47 am #701525

ali-hA

Hi, I dont know why but I cant see it in my end also, not all Admin String translations are loading. Let us do something. Activate the Mantenance mode plugin and do your tests. Let me know when you finish.

thanks

September 10, 2015 at 10:38 am #701573

Mladen Andrejic

Hello,

I tested even with only WPML activated and standard theme, the issue is still there. So can you please upgrade PHP and MySQL versions and see if the problem is gone?

If not, I will escalate this ticket to our 2nd tier support.

Thanks.

September 10, 2015 at 12:38 pm #701672

ali-hA

Hi, php and MySQL updated, please check. Also I dont know why but the Admin String Translations page is louding very slowly.

If you escale the ticket to 2nd tier support please let them know that this is urgent and the website is online.

thanks