Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 70 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ali-hA 6 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
October 9, 2015 at 9:13 am #721271

ali-hA

I know what is happening. The theme options are not saving and the left side bar is not selected for the shop page. I select it and I clec save but its not saving it.

It was not like that, what happened?

thanks

October 9, 2015 at 11:00 am #721416

ali-hA

It see s it happens when we activate the WPML. I tested turning off all plugins and reactivate them and only when wpml is activated this happens.

I will reinstall wpml to see.

Is this with you or with 8theme?

thanks

October 9, 2015 at 11:05 am #721423

Sumit
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

I am sorry but I did not change anything as well with settings. Let me check what's going on.

Thanks

October 9, 2015 at 11:08 am #721425

Sumit
Supporter

Hi,

Did you remove WPML ?

Thanks

October 9, 2015 at 11:15 am #721431

Sumit
Supporter

Hi Ali,

I see you are working on the site. Please allow me to have some time to check the site. So I request you to do not change anything.
Let me know when you are done with changes.

Thanks

October 9, 2015 at 11:16 am #721433

ali-hA

I removed it and installed it again. it happens when we have WPML String Translation activated.

October 9, 2015 at 11:17 am #721434

ali-hA

I am done testing. your turn. thanks

October 9, 2015 at 11:30 am #721451

Sumit
Supporter

Hi Ali,

Can you please check now? This is very common problem. Theme options store string like in this case it is "left" and when you are translating option you translate them in German and Spanish so in IF condition (in code) they do not get match with "left"
I just marked this option not to translate and it is fixed.

Thanks

October 9, 2015 at 11:37 am #721464

ali-hA

Thank you very much. Solved 🙂 we are ok now just please see my other topic asking for to prevent the url issue in products. thanks Sumit it was a long lon support and hard one. but you made it. thanks

October 9, 2015 at 1:36 pm #721600

ali-hA

Hi Re-open the topic. We can not use "Don't use String Translation to translate the theme and plugins" this will disable the .mo files and its not an option. I have all the site translated already. Tthe sidebar in selected but other changis like Disable Background Image Expanding in Main color scheme, for example, not saving.

I dont know what happened.

Please help with this.

thanks

October 9, 2015 at 2:04 pm #721638

ali-hA

For sidebar is working but there is others that is not working. Can not save "Disable" Background Image Expanding in Main color scheme and cutom tabs in single product page. Maybe there is more but I only tested with this 2.

We need to add products tomorro please Sumit lets finish this.

thanks