This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 31, 2019 at 11:01 am #4490703

joshuaK-10

Hi there,

In our Sensei 'Course Progress Sidebar' we have a section at the bottom labelled ‘other lessons’ which should not exist.

The lessons under ‘other lessons’ are not actual lessons. They are no-where to be found on the back-end of the Sensei plugin. The URLs of these ‘other lessons’ are dead links and will take you straight to a 404 page.

We have scanned the entire back end in search for where these URLs have come from, but can not find them.

Note:
We have been using the WPML plugin to translate our English lessons to Spanish.

All of these ‘other lessons’ in the course progression sidebar are in fact duplicates of the translated lessons.

Normally, our translated lessons have the URL: .com/es/lesson/xxx
Whereas, the English lessons would have the URL: .com/lesson/xxx

The duplicated lessons in the ‘other lessons’ part of the course progression sidebar have the URL: .com/lesson/xxx-2
< Meaning these duplicated Spanish lessons have an English URL, and always end with a ‘-2’ at the end of the URL.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sensei Response:
"Hi!

I suspect that this is a side-effect of the interaction with WPML. I don’t know what it would be, though. Have you asked WPML for help as well? Can you tell me what they say? If there’s something that we need to change in our plugin to improve compatibility with WPML, we’ll be glad to do it. If WPML doesn’t have any clear idea as to what’s causing the problem, let me know and I’ll ask a developer for input."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help as to where to find these non-existing lessons and therefore get rid/remove the ‘other lessons’ from the course progression sidebar?

September 1, 2019 at 12:56 pm #4492517

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Joshua,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I have to admit that this is the first time that I hear about this issue but I'm sure that we'll be able to sort it out. As I understand from your message, this is a page where I should see the issue hidden link.

Also, is there any chance that you could give me access to the dashboard area so I can have a closer look at this, please? This way, I'll be able to have a look at the settings and see the course too, since I'll be logged in.

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 3, 2019 at 11:55 am #4504121

Radu
Supporter

Hey Joshua,

Can you send me a link where I can see the sidebar with the other lessons section, please? I checked this course hidden link but I couldn't see the elements from your screenshot. I think that I'm missing something so that's why I need a little help here.

Thanks,
Radu

September 3, 2019 at 12:51 pm #4504545

joshuaK-10

Hey Radu,

You're on the right track. Every lesson within hidden link has the side bar which shows the 'other lessons'.

You can see an example of the sidebar in this lesson here: hidden link

Thanks,
Josh

September 4, 2019 at 1:18 pm #4511333

Radu
Supporter

Hey Josh,

Is there any change that I need to do in order to be able to access a lesson? I'm asking this because I pressed the button to start taking this course but when I access any lesson, I see just some options (as on the attached screenshot), not the lesson itself.

Please let me know if there's anything I need to do or if there's other way to access the lessons (so I can see the sidebar).

Thanks,
Radu

September 4, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4511495

joshuaK-10

Hi Radu,

Please can you try again and let me know if you can now view.

Thanks,
Josh

September 5, 2019 at 6:32 am #4515649

Radu
Supporter

Hey Josh,

Thank you for helping me with this. I was able to see the left sidebar this time.

As I can see, the widget used on this section is added by the Sensei Course Progress plugin. I checked this out and it seems that this plugin is not a part of our WPML compatible plugins list (https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility). In this case, please reach out the plugin authors and ask them to have a look at this. I don't know how the plugin works but I'm sure that the authors of it will be able to see why the Other lessons section gets the wrong lessons.

You can suggest them to apply for the Go Global program right here https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/go-global-program/. This way, they will work with our compatibility team to test the functionality and make sure that everything is compatible with WPML.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML/Sensei Course Progression Sidebar. ‘Other Lessons’ that don’t exist’ is closed to new replies.