This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 9, 2019 at 11:42 am #4536691

pedroG-26

Hi everyone,

I'm setting up wpml but the plugin is unable to go beyond step 3 "language selecction".

You can see the error message in the uploaded img.

Any ideas why I can't get through the setup?.

All requirements are met, and it's updated.

thanks

September 9, 2019 at 9:08 pm #4540189

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties with the installation of WPML.

Please proceed as followed after taking a backup of your website and database:

1) Disable all plugins temporarily.
2) Delete all WPML Plugins
3) Download CMS Multilingual 4.2.8 here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
4) Install CMS Multilingual
5) If possible, go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial and add from here our add-on and glue plugins

If this did not solve the issue we will need to debug further.

Enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Let me know about the results. In case the debug-log is very long please add it to a web tool like pastebin.com and send me the link.

Kind regards,
Andreas

September 10, 2019 at 3:11 pm #4546687

pedroG-26

hi Andreas,

it still doesn't work. I have uninstalled almost everything but nothing has changed so far.

I activated the debug mode so you can see some of the messages:

[10-Sep-2019 14:53:44 UTC] PHP Deprecated: The (unset) cast is deprecated in /var/www/vhosts/newgarden.es/developing.newgarden.es/wp-content/plugins/subscriptio/includes/classes/libraries/rightpress-helper.class.php on line 473
[10-Sep-2019 14:25:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property 'ID' of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/newgarden.es/developing.newgarden.es/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3956
[10-Sep-2019 14:25:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property 'post_title' of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/newgarden.es/developing.newgarden.es/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3958
[10-Sep-2019 14:25:01 UTC] PHP Notice: Trying to get property 'post_name' of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/newgarden.es/developing.newgarden.es/wp-includes/class-wp-query.php on line 3960
[10-Sep-2019 14:25:07 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot start session when headers already sent in /var/www/vhosts/newgarden.es/developing.newgarden.es/wp-content/plugins/woo-advanced-discounts/admin/class-wad-admin.php on line 98
[10-Sep-2019 14:57:21 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot start session when headers already sent in /var/www/vhosts/newgarden.es/developing.newgarden.es/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-prices-by-user-role/WooUserRolePricesFestiPlugin.php on line 50
[10-Sep-2019 14:58:25 UTC] PHP Warning: session_start(): Cannot start session when headers already sent in /var/www/vhosts/newgarden.es/developing.newgarden.es/wp-content/plugins/RegistrationFields/front/class-eo-registration-fields-front.php on line 1

September 10, 2019 at 3:19 pm #4546765

pedroG-26

I keep having an error with the file "admin-ajax.php", whenever i click on something (in the wpml setup) I get that error with a 404 response.

September 10, 2019 at 5:54 pm #4547913

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

September 12, 2019 at 5:33 pm #4563759

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

There been 31 updates availabkle on the site which I completed. Make sure to keep the plugins always updates, as many of those fix are not onlz for expanding functionallity but also to solve compatiblity issues and bugs.

WPML CMS Multilingual is installed now, make sure to complete the Setup Wizard. In case you receive anz issue while selecting your languages please reach out to me again.

How will be the site language structure?

Next, in order to install the additional WPML plugins please go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial -> Register WPML. Here you will be able to download and activate the plugins but the site URL needs to be registered in your wpml.org account where you obtain a site key for the registration.
It seem you registered hidden link but you did not use the site key yet to register the plugins.

In case the update function will not work for some reason, please download the necesarry plugins here and add them by upload at Plugins -> Add new.

https://wpml.org/account/downloads/

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas