Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 22 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Marcel 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcel.

Author Posts
December 5, 2020 at 10:52 pm #7600719

wpmluser12c

Hello friends,

My website is 2 language (Turkish and English) I am trying to use browser redirect with same domain language update like: ***.com/?lang=tr

I am feeling that plugin bloats website and it slows down response time too much.

How can I make WPML added mode lightweight? When I deactivate WPML Response times coming to same.

December 10, 2020 at 2:51 am #7630803

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support.

Before your ticket is assigned to one of my colleagues, please allow me to walk you through some initial debugging steps. This will help speed up the support process.

I would suggest you check the following documentation which will help you prevent performance issues with WPML,
https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/

The minimum requirements of WPML for memory is 124MB, but your memory is set as 40MB, so I suggest you increase this too, also check if other requirements are met, https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Further, being a multilingual plugin, WPML has to interact with each plugin and theme available and make them translatable, which will take a few additional resources creating a bit more performance than without it.

Sometimes, with combinations with other plugins or themes, the performance can go up, so it's better to test once with just WPML plugins (Disabling Plugins and Themes), this will help us to figure out if it's just us or there are some compatibility issues.

Can you perform the tests and follow the suggestions and let us know if that helps.

Thanks

December 19, 2020 at 2:13 pm #7699917

wpmluser12c

True, so increased WP limit from Wp-config. Now it is 256 mb but still both slow at frontend and also at backend.

hidden link

Later I scanned with P3 Plugin and nearly %70 slow down coming from WPML here:
hidden link

I am using Caching plugin too. And not much plugin. Website is also very minimal.

December 19, 2020 at 3:01 pm #7700081

Marcel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

#1 Please check the following doc if all requirements are met: https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/. I can see you use everything except the much faster PHP 7.

#2 After that, please check out this guide: https://wpml.org/faq/how-to-debug-performance-problems/

# Analyse your queries via the "Debug Objects" plugin and attach the results via a pastebin.com entry as described.

Then we can plan the next steps to improve your site's performance.

Thanks a lot

Kind regards
Marcel

December 26, 2020 at 7:32 pm #7736041

wpmluser12c

This is from DB Query paste: hidden link

This is plugin query : hidden link

Wp content Query: hidden link

System Query: hidden link

Problem continues at both Backend and frontend. And I am not very well system user. Please message me and I can open temporary admin to distinguish issue for you. Without pluging website speed is good so we shouldn't think it from PHP version, Cache plugin or Hosting.

Regards.

December 27, 2020 at 2:04 pm #7738137

wpmluser12c

And this is homepage's db query: hidden link

From that page you can see that WPML_Element_Translation->maybe_populate_cache() functions take long times.

I can open admin account private for more investigation from yours.

December 28, 2020 at 12:40 pm #7742123

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the information. I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
– preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible –
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would additionally need your permission to de-activate and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important.

Best Regards
Marcel

January 6, 2021 at 8:02 am #7785143

wpmluser12c

Hello Marcel,

I don't use cloudways and also at the beginning I emphasized that when I deactivate WPML website speed became normal so it is not hosting, PHP or hardware issue.

Please try to solve at website directly.

I have slowdown both backend and frontend at all pages. And I clearly write my issues at there.

January 6, 2021 at 8:06 am #7785151

wpmluser12c

And you can reproduce any page of website to solve problem. Because o that I gave you temporary admin account.

January 6, 2021 at 10:56 am #7786435

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

I'm sorry, we can't debug this your site directly. We need to run first tests on a minimal environment on another server as well. This means we need to deactivate all 3rd party components which I can't do on your live-site without risk of breaking anything.

The Cloudways server is owned by us and can be used for this debugging. If you don't want to use an external server, please provide us with a site clone using Duplicator plugin for local debugging.

We need to test first the performance on a minimal environment on another server. If the site here is still slow, I can grab that site copy and escalate it to our team for a local performance debugging.

Best Regards
Marcel

January 8, 2021 at 2:09 pm #7801789

wpmluser12c

Ok migration finished now. You can check out.

January 11, 2021 at 4:22 pm #7818385

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

on the migrated site I checked first the homepage as you did here: hidden link

Here is my result:
https://pastebin.com/HJBxn90U

Your server: Page generated in 3,779.6ms ( 3.780s )
Our CloudWays server: Page generated in 460.7ms ( 0.461s )

Feel free to log in with your own credentials to check page speed yourself: hidden link

Please note that we are running PHP 7.2. Can you confirm it's fast for you as well?

Best Regards
Marcel

January 11, 2021 at 4:49 pm #7818727

wpmluser12c

AGAIN I am writing.

When I deactivate WPML website speed becaming normal at my hosting. So this is not server issue. Just you explored slowness that WPML conflicts at something at my server and you need to solve this. It shouldn't be a hard like that. I am not cloudways user and I WANT TO USE IT ON MY SERVER. I am using generic hosting that enough to WP websites until WPML plugin.

Technical help shouldn't be like that! Just showing delay time and not solving it! If you are not solving why you wanted our website's temproray admin/pass information?

January 12, 2021 at 11:13 am #7823685

Marcel
Supporter

Hi,

I got info that you contacted our sales team over Facebook. Our sales team will get in touch with you. For the moment we will put this on hold until they spoke with you. Please respond once you hear from them.

Best Regards
Marcel

January 12, 2021 at 11:16 am #7823725

wpmluser12c

I wish you had also answered my latest post too.. This is how bad support.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Slow Downs Whole Site’ is closed to new replies.