This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice.

Last updated by mehmetA-6 2 months, 1 week ago.

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4380547

mehmetA-6

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have purchased WPML. I have set up the plugins to my site. I have activated them. Also I have read the documents at wpml.org which are about me. ı have done the congfigurations due to documents. But my website were totally slowed. And last night my website crushed. After deactivating wpml plugins, the website start running fastly.
This is my second year with WPML. Last year I was thinking it is about hosting firm and the theme we were using. We have updated & upgraded & changed every thing. But it is a pity that the resullt has not chaged. I will cancel my wpml account if the problem can not be resolved.

Could you help me please?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

hidden link

August 12, 2019 at 1:34 pm #4381307

mehmetA-6

From DEBUG OBJECTS

hidden link

August 12, 2019 at 2:39 pm #4381691

mehmetA-6

I have request refund. I do not want to use WPML. Very useful plugin if performance problems not.

And I do not want to spend my hours with fixing performance problems. This is your duty. Hope one day you fix all these kind of issues.

Thanks.

August 12, 2019 at 2:39 pm #4381693

mehmetA-6

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!