This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.03 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Homepage translation redirects Solution: If you are using Yoast SEO Premium, you have a tab SEO -> Redirects, you will probably find something like 301 redirect from /es to /es/muere-repentinamente-en-la-habana-fotografo-de-la-agencia-ap

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by lukasS-14 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
November 7, 2019 at 1:50 am

lukasS-14

Hello,

Seems I have the same or similar issue like in this old case:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/translated-homepage-not-showing/

In French and Spanish (ENG is original content) is homepage redirected to some article. It started yesterday after WPML update.

I did all what you recommended in the old case, disable all plugins (except main WPML). Switched theme to Nineteen but still the same results.

Could you help to resolve it, please?

Thank you,
Lukas

November 9, 2019 at 12:43 pm #4918077

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

I opened your website in the incognito mode and from what I see, it works properly. But please check this also:
hidden link

You will find that there is a 301 redirect set from /es to /es/muere-repentinamente-en-la-habana-fotografo-de-la-agencia-ap, so if this is the article in question make sure to remove this redirect from here, clear any caching you might be having on the site and resave permalinks (that last step may not be needed, but just in case).

You can remove it from this page. Also, if you check the following:
hidden link

You will also find the French redirect which links from /fr to /fr/a-cuba-aux-frais-des-patrons, so make sure to remove it as well.

I'm not sure how these redirects ended up here, they may have been generated automatically somehow by Yoast, but I cannot claim for certain any of this.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

November 12, 2019 at 12:31 am #4928707

lukasS-14

As I wrote, I have disabled all plugins so the CEO plugin 301 redirection was not related. Anyway I uploaded a backup before I have updated the WPML plugin, cleaned the database, fix some small other issues and not it works again. Thank you for you ideas.