This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Sandro 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
July 16, 2019 at 6:17 pm #4223131

Sandro

I am trying to activate string translation plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: Normal page

Instead, I got: Error

WordPress database error: [Table 'museumshop.wearede.com.wplms_icl_string_packages' doesn't exist]
SELECT CONCAT(kind_slug, '-', name) FROM wplms_icl_string_packages
WordPress database error: [Table 'museumshop.wearede.com.wplms_icl_string_packages' doesn't exist]
SELECT CONCAT(kind_slug, '-', name) FROM wplms_icl_string_packages

July 16, 2019 at 8:15 pm #4223715

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. This is probably happening because, at the time of installation, WPML was unable to create the required tables.

Please follow the steps on our error page to try to fix the problem: https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/

Following in the footsteps of our errata page, does the problem persist?

Thank you.

July 16, 2019 at 9:01 pm #4223917

Sandro

Hi, yes problem still persists.

July 17, 2019 at 6:43 pm #4233011

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Thank you. I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator plugin (or All in One Migration) to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

July 24, 2019 at 6:54 am #4270775

Sandro

I upped WordPress ram limit to 256mb, and did a clean reinstall.
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!