Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nicolas Viallet 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Nicolas Viallet.

Author Posts
April 27, 2022 at 11:34 am

Kristof

Hi, we notice that WPML String Translation is conflicting with our sticky Elementor navigation. It throws a JS error in the non-default languages which disappears when we disable the plugin. hidden link

April 27, 2022 at 11:54 am
April 28, 2022 at 12:32 pm #11114507

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Just a quick message to let you know that we're still looking into your issue.

Thanks for your patience.
Nico

April 29, 2022 at 3:44 pm #11123859

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

I couldn't find a solution so, at the end, I tried to reproduce the issue on a test site but it seems to work perfectly. No errors.

Please check:
hidden link
hidden link
Both EN and FR are using your sticky header and no error in console.

I went back to your test site and changed the theme to the default WP 2020 theme. And now I can see even more errors about Elementor in the console. A lot of 404.

Could you please check on your side? Maybe try to reinstall Elementor and Elementor PRO?

Thanks,
Nico

May 2, 2022 at 1:44 pm #11133753

Kristof

I will pick this up with Elementor, it seems when I disable their Improved Asset Loading experiment, the sticky error goes away.

May 3, 2022 at 12:33 am #11135917

Nicolas Viallet
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

I'm glad you found what was causing the issue. Yes, it could be that the assets are not loading in the right order with this option.

Hopefully Elementor's support team will be able to give you some guidance.

I will consider this ticket as closed. Don't hesitate to ope a new one if you have any other questions. We will be happy to help you.

Nico

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.