This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: we tried to save some seetings in the "YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote" -Plugin but without any success. The presets appear again. If we just deactivate the WPML String Plugin it works perfect. How can we solve this issue?

Solution: Please follow this steps: - Go to WPML -> String Translation -> Filter by this domains: -- admin_texts_ywraq_privacy_description -- admin_texts_ywraq_privacy_description - Translate this strings to English and save the translations (Don't forget to check the 'Translation is complete' checkbox)

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dominikH-11 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
August 26, 2019 at 9:26 am #4457169

dominikH-11

Dear WPML Team,

we tried to save some seetings in the "YITH WooCommerce Request a Quote" -Plugin but without any success. The presets appear again. If we just deactivate the WPML String Plugin it works perfect. How can we solve this issue?

Kind regards

August 26, 2019 at 10:13 am #4457509

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- Please describe the steps to reproduce the issue. You can attach some screenshots to highlight the problem so I can have a better understanding.

2.- I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Kind regards,
Carlos

August 26, 2019 at 10:23 am #4457557

dominikH-11

Hello Carlos,

thank you for your replay.
Unfortunately we are not allowed to share access.

I added a scrrenshot. If just want to change anything like a letter in a the field and try to save it the page loads new but changes are not saved.
If we deactivate WPML String Translation Plugin, changes are working perfect.

Kind regards

August 26, 2019 at 10:38 am #4457719

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

Is is possible for you to create a test site with a copy of the production site and share access to that test site?

Regards,
Carlos

August 26, 2019 at 11:33 am #4458035

dominikH-11

Hi Carlos,

would it just be possible to reset all the String Translation Settings.

Kind reagrds

August 26, 2019 at 11:40 am #4458061

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I can't tell if this is a solution as I haven't been able to see the issue and reproduce it. That's why in my previous message I asked if you could create a test site and share access.

When we isolate the cause of the issue then we can find a solution.

Regards,
Carlos

August 26, 2019 at 1:57 pm #4459433

dominikH-11

Hi,

I will send you the login data.
Where i can send you?

Kind regards

August 26, 2019 at 2:00 pm #4459447

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.

I have set your next answer private. There you will find the necessary fields to provide the access data in a secure way.

Regards,
Carlos

August 26, 2019 at 3:01 pm #4459993

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for the information provided.

Please follow this steps:
- Go to WPML -> String Translation -> Filter by this domains:
-- admin_texts_ywraq_privacy_description
-- admin_texts_ywraq_privacy_description
- Translate this strings to English and save the translations (Don't forget to check the 'Translation is complete' checkbox)

Could you tell me if the issue persists?

Regards,
Carlos

August 27, 2019 at 6:43 am #4463097

dominikH-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! 🙂

August 27, 2019 at 8:44 am #4463885

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos

August 27, 2019 at 10:01 am #4464679

dominikH-11

Hi Carlos,

thank you very much for helping us.
We translated everything. The problem is now that on the english version is still the german button label and link.

August 27, 2019 at 11:08 am #4465701

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

As this ticket is already closed I kindly ask you to open a new one describing the steps to follow in order to reproduce the issue and share access credentials again (once the ticket is closed the credentials are automatically deleted for security reasons).

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Best regards,
Carlos

August 27, 2019 at 1:33 pm #4467319

dominikH-11

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!