This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 14, 2019 at 5:32 pm

carlos-reneC

I am trying to:Use WPML and have a normal speed website

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: average speed

Instead, I got: Extremely slow website when string translation is enabled. (not longer crashing the physical server memory)

June 14, 2019 at 6:51 pm #4023783

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the site performance.

Afterwards please provide us a download link for a Duplicator package and include a list of your plugins and theme inside of the private reply.

I will then escalate the issue directly to our developers for debugging.

Current performance issue are planed to be solved with the upcoming update for WPML Multilingual CMS version.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 17, 2019 at 9:54 pm
June 18, 2019 at 2:16 am #4039353

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have tried to download the backup from your server but it failed due to a server error.

I further tried then to obtain a backup package using the Duplicator PRO package on your website but the creation also failed or better say got stuck as the server did not respond.

It might even be that the issues on your site are server realted. Did you reach out to your host provider or try to run a copy of your website on localhost?
hidden link

In case you do have a Duplicator package including both install files available please make sure to provide a download link using an alternative service like Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud or similar.

Make sure that you include a complete Duplicator package including the archive.zip file and the installer.php file.
You may use the Duplicator free version. In case you site is bigger than 500MB please enable the filters for "Cache" and "Backups", and even if necessary for "Uploads" at the first step of the package creation.
hidden link

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Kind regards
Andreas

June 18, 2019 at 7:03 am #4040861

carlos-reneC

As I mention before the problem is purely caused by string translator, the server probably crashed since every time that module is enabled the plug in consumes all the physical memory which results in temporary shutdown (it was a nightmare developing the site when it was enabled). As I mention once string translation is not enable the site runs just fine, the only issue being that some layout gets affected by it (the description of the products overlaps the footer).

June 18, 2019 at 8:51 pm #4046445

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I understand and I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with WPML. I would like to escalate the issue directly to our developers in order to investigate the problem and find a solution, but we request a Duplicator package in order to debug the site.

Sadly, the provided links are not working as expected. I then connected to zour site and disconnected String Translation. I realized that this enhanced the page loading time for about 8 seconds but there is still a delaz of about 4 seconds present.

I treid again to create a Duplicator package but the creation alsways stucks at 65% with the error 503 Server not responsive. Could you please connect to your server's CPanel and check the error.log for failure messages?

Also please try again to create anew Duplicator Package using the Duplicator PRO Plugin which I installed on your site. Prio to that disable any plugin and if possible change to a default theme like Twenty Seventeen.

Now once the package is created please download the archive.zip file and the installer.php file and upload them to a service like Google Drive or similar. Then provide the download link.

Once I receive the package I can escalate the issue directly.

Kind regards
Andreas

July 2, 2019 at 10:42 am #4125845

carlos-reneC

Hello sorry for the delay, I was on holidays and didn't check my emails.

I tried the duplicator pro and didn't work, I also created a complete cpanel backpup of the site. Could that be enough for you to work on it? I'm getting desperate at the moment sonce nothing is being done because the backup and as I mention before I really don't mind about making changes or breaking the website because if this doesn't work my only solution will be to delete all and create the website again from scratch without using WPML (2 websites one for each language), since is WPML what's making it slow (more than 3 minutes per page).

July 3, 2019 at 12:16 am #4130641

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have been able to create a copy of your site using the plugin All-in-One WP Migration.

The copy of your site has been escalated to our developer team which is currently working
on solving performance issue with the upcoming updates for our WPML plugins.

More information here:
https://wpml.org/2019/06/wpml-4-2-7-and-a-preview-for-next-major-updates/

Our team will take the issues on your site into consideration and work on solutions.

We thank you very much for your consideration and please reach out to us again if the upcoming update for Multilingual CMS will not solve the problem.

In case you did not yet, also make sure to update to CMS MUltilingual 4.2.7.1 as this last update already included performance enhancements. Version 4.2.8 is dedicated for further fixes.

Kind regards
Andreas