This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos 5 years, 11 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
November 19, 2013 at 10:51 am #294633

Carlos

Hi, i'm using all the latest versions of wpml plug-ins, it's a fresh install of WP 3.7.1 but every time i try to activate WPML string translation, the server stops responding and i have to remove the plug-in manually.

November 19, 2013 at 3:08 pm #294842

Harshad

Dear Carlos,

Can you please enable a PHP error log file and check what's there?

From this page:
http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Let's see what it includes.

November 19, 2013 at 3:37 pm #294877

Carlos

Hi Harshad,
i did that, the problem is that it doesn't create a error_log.txt, the browser just keeps "waiting for localhost…" and nothing else works until i manually remove the plug-in, attached is screenshot. i have desactivated all plug-ins and i'm using twenty thirteen theme.

November 19, 2013 at 3:42 pm #294882

Harshad

Dear Carlos,

Can you please increase max_execution_time and memory_limit to higher values in php.ini file?

November 19, 2013 at 4:13 pm #294922

Carlos

Hi Harshad,
i think i found the problem: i'm using two languages: Portuguese and English, and was using portuguese as the default language. After switching the default language to english, everything seems to be working.
Anyway, you should take a look at this, what would happen if i'm not using english at all?
thanks for your help