This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: We believe that with object caching this would be resolved but it seems that wpml string translation doesn't support object caching is that correct?

Solution: In this case I would recommend you to use one of this cache plugins: https://wpml.org/faq/list-of-top-compatibility-recommendations/#cache Some of them use object caching.

Also, pleas update all outdated plugins and themes, specially WPML plugins. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Relevant Documentation:

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
October 3, 2019 at 5:31 pm #4690247

ricardoS-4

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Is it possible to use object cache with WPML string translation? We identified that on our website if we disable wpml string translation we have a huge reduction, around 2,5 seconds, on the TTFB which is currently our biggest pain point on the website performance.
We believe that with object caching this would be resolved but it seems that wpml string translation doesn't support object caching is that correct?
We also tried disable it and use PO/MO files instead however when we disable WPML string translation, we got the following message "WooCommerce Multilingual is enabled but not effective. It requires WPML String Translation in order to work."
Any suggestions on what can be done?

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

October 4, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4695611

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- In this case I would recommend you to use one of this cache plugins: https://wpml.org/faq/list-of-top-compatibility-recommendations/#cache
Some of them use object caching.

Also, pleas update all outdated plugins and themes, specially WPML plugins. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

2.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Kind regards,
Carlos

October 7, 2019 at 3:11 pm #4708799

ricardoS-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

October 7, 2019 at 3:38 pm #4709031

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

I'm glad to hear that the issue is solved 🙂

Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need our help in the future with WPML. We will be more than happy to help.
Best regards,
Carlos