This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by thamera-2 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
June 27, 2019 at 6:35 pm

thamera-2

Hello! I am having a multilingual website in the main language it works like a charm.

but as soon as I switch the language the page opens but not fully functional with layout changes!

FYI

when disabled WPML String translation the broken page goes back to normal without ant strings translated with WPML String Translation.

in the other hand, the content translated with WPML editor is working perfectly with no errors.

June 28, 2019 at 12:28 am #4103261

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your WordPress Dashboard and a could notice a bunch of issues, most likely related to plugin conflicts. I would like to give a detailed look in the debug log files in order to understand the cause of the issue, for that, a FTP access is required. I will enable a private reply for you so you can safely send these FTP access details.

Also I would like to ask you permission to debug your website as it seems to be a development environment, if it is not possible we can migrate your website to our test servers and proceed with the investigation there. Please, let me know the best approach for you, have a nice day.

June 30, 2019 at 8:38 am
July 1, 2019 at 11:30 am #4118457

thamera-2

Hi,

this is just to confirm - Requested credentials is provided

check it out and let me know if u need any assistance from my side

Regards and Respect

July 1, 2019 at 7:18 pm #4122019

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I am still not able to provide you with a detailed reply and here are the reasons:

1 - The provided FTP details doesn't seem to target your specific website and I am not able to turn on the WP_DEBUG mode for your specific dev website, I see a mix of WordPress installations across your folders, can you please, provide me with the specific path to the affected website?

2 - I see you currently have 102 plugins installed in your website, although I am able to see just three plugins in the list. Is there any restriction to the provided WordPress Dashboard access that prevents me to see all the plugins?

In the meanwhile I recommend you the following workflow:

1 - Disable all the plugins and keep just the ones relevants to test the issue resolution, such as WPML related plugins, the Avada related plugins and your social network plugin itself, activate one by one untill you see the issue happening, it will help us to determine which plugin is causing a conflict here.

2 - Please, turn on the WP_DEBUG mode as instructed at: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ it will help us to see some meaningful message regarding a PHP error or so. I tried it but my changes doesn't seem to affect your specific problematic website as I don't know the exact path to your website and this way I don't know which wp-config.php file to edit in order to enable the debug mode.

Please, let me know these details so we can proceed with our support efforts. Have a nice day.

July 2, 2019 at 9:11 am #4125199

thamera-2

Hello,

thank you for your kind reply and let me answer the specified points on the first section

1 - check the screenshots to know how to navigate through and reach the file containing the targeted website if you may

2 - plugins are not showing because of a third party management plugin to control plugins installed

thank you for the workflow suggested and here is what i did

1- I made the test and disabled all plugins before talking to any support and found that the issue is WPML string translation, that is the main reason I am contacting WPML support!

2- I have turned on debugging upon your request

don't hesitate to ask me anything you want to know further

Regards and Respect

July 2, 2019 at 1:57 pm #4127605

thamera-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!