If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
April 22, 2019 at 6:29 pm #3657861

kamilB-4

Every time I activate the plugin some parts of the site are shut down or not working. It is no longer possible to update other plugins as it cannot create directories etc. But every time I turn it off, everything works again.
Also our extra pictures of our products are not shown.
How can we solve this?

April 22, 2019 at 8:11 pm #3658099

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

to understand the issue best please provide me with some additional information regarding the parts of the site that shut down

are there any warnings or errors that display ? if just a blank page are there any warnings/errors within the console log ? (right click->inspect->console log)

additionally please provide me with some more information on the issue of updating/installing plugins when WPML is activated

(screenshots can be helpful to better understand the issue as well)

Also if possible I would need to see the detail of the error log. You can see how to enable debug logging here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Go in your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:
define('WP_DEBUG', true);

Edit your wp-config.php file and add these lines, just before it says 'stop editing here':

ini_set('log_errors',TRUE);
ini_set('error_reporting', E_ALL);
ini_set('error_log', dirname(__FILE__) . '/error_log.txt');

This will create an error_log.txt file in your site's root directory. Please send me its contents.

Thank you !

April 25, 2019 at 11:55 am #3681983

kamilB-4

It get fixed 1 day after the upgrade but then, all is not good again. It feels like the page is loading some time and then it´s brokes.
Also when I wanna to upgrade others plugins. When I have string activeted then its not going. When I disable String then I can update all the plugins.
Is like the plugin is hitting all over my site.

April 25, 2019 at 7:04 pm #3685281

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Hi there, Bobby is off today, but as mentioned in his earlier reply, please enable the debug log and post any errors that are recent. That might be able to point in the right direction of where the problem is coming from.

Also, To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations. We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML String Translation – problem’ is closed to new replies.