If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
October 8, 2018 at 9:13 am

yanK

I am trying to:
We've created a clone of a site running very, very slow to a development server. At first we wanted to find out if it was server issues as the original server runs Apache and the Development server runs LiteSpeed.

The development server runs LiteSpeed, PHP 7.2, has 1GB RAM and a kick-ass amount of CPU available, we did this intentionally to make sure it wasn't serverlimitations.

We got a significant frontpage improvement with the LiteSpeed setup however, for the backend it runs very, very slow. It has 30+ seconds to update products and most admin screens are 8+ seconds to load.

We found that when disabling WPML String Translation everything runs amazing, but when enabling it, the site almost grinds to a hold.

We have also tried following all the optimization guides for WPML but there seems to be going something else on here, and perhaps you know what? 🙂

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

We can ofcourse provide a login if you need to see for yourself 🙂

Kind Regards

October 9, 2018 at 12:39 pm #2800004

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please try the following steps and let me know your feedback to track the issue.

a) Please upgrade to the latest version of the plugins(including WPML) after a site backup.

b) Please increase the *MaxInputVars* of PHP settings to *10000*. Please check the following article for more details or contact your system admin/hosting provider for this purpose. Because we need higher numbers if we having a WooComemrce site.

hidden link

c) Activate WPML String Translation and check is there any improvements

d) If you are still having the same result, please activate the Query Monitor plugin and check is there any slow queries related to WPML or WPML String Translation

Are you using a dedicated server for hosting the site?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML String Translations makes site incredibly slow’ is closed to new replies.