Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem : Strings translations are replaced by their original values

Solution: Update WPML to the latest version.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Corrado Prever 5 years ago.

Assigned support staff: Mohammed.

Author Posts
November 12, 2015 at 11:42 am #745076

Corrado Prever

I am trying to translate using string translation "cash on delivery" and "paypal" payment on woocomerce. (both name and description of payments method.)

I use woocomercee + wpml ... default language italian + en fr de

I inserted in woocommerce > payment title and description in english (not in italian as suggested).

Then i make a scan of woocomerce plugin and start to check the string translation.
I got them, translated them in 3 languages.... all looks fine.

Then i went to the shop / cart / checkout i can see french or italian but they disappear immediately i refresh page and are replaced by english and do not come back.

I went to string translation again and the releated string are settled as ''reguired update"
I re-saved all looks fine but again the same issue as soon as i go to cart.

November 13, 2015 at 10:39 am #745832

Corrado Prever

I spent hours with this issue.

No way out, I have another website just en/it with same wordpress+woocommerce+plugin and i did not get this issue.

I'm a stubborn one and so I deleted all strings in string translation then I make again a scan, got the strings that need to be translated, done, and for few seconds looks ok.
As soon as I change language from one to another or just refresh the the page ONLY those strings change again in english.
The crazy part is that in admin area, in string translations page, changed from ''tranlation completed'' to ''translation need upgrade''.

The issue is related ONLY to two strings for all payment methods i have active
1) payment method title
and
2) payment method description.

I solved for the moment the problem modifying php in woocomece files '''class-wc-gateway-cod.php'''' but for sure is not a nice way to do.

Here my code (and is working now)

if(ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE=='it' ) {
$this->title = 'Contrassegno';
$this->description = 'Questo metodo prevede il pagamento in contanti al corriere al momento della consegna ed ha un costo aggiuntivo di 3 €.';
$this->instructions = 'Il sistema invierà automaticamente una email con riportati i dati dell\'ordine effettuato.</br>La merce verrà inviata al vostro indirizzo tramite corriere entro tre giorni lavorativi.
</br>Il totale dell\'ordine più il diritto di contrassegno verrà riscosso dal corriere al momento stesso della consegna della merce.';
}
if(ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE=='en' ) {
$this->title = 'Cash on delivery';
$this->description = 'This method means payment in cash to the courier upon delivery and has an additional cost of 3 €.';
$this->instructions = 'The system will automatically send an email with a few minutes shows the data of your order.</br>You will receive your purchase in the coming days by courier.</br>The total order will be collected by courier upon delivery of the goods himself.';
}
if(ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE=='fr' ) {
$this->title = 'Paiement à la livraison';
$this->description = 'Cette méthode signifie le paiement en espèces à la messagerie lors de la livraison et a un coût supplémentaire de 3 €.';
$this->instructions = 'Le système enverra automatiquement un email avec quelques minutes montre les données de votre commande.</br>Vous recevrez votre achat dans les prochains jours par courrier. </ Br> La commande totale sera recueilli par courrier lors de la livraison de la produits lui-même.';
}
if(ICL_LANGUAGE_CODE=='de' ) {
$this->title = 'Per nachnahme';
$this->description = 'Diese Methode bedeutet, die Zahlung in bar an den Kurier bei Lieferung und hat einen Aufpreis von 3 €.';
$this->instructions = 'Das system wird automatisch eine email mit ein paar minuten zeigt die daten ihrer bestellung.</br> Sie ihren kauf in den nächsten tagen erhalten sie per kurier.</br>Die gesamte Bestellung wird per Kurier bei Lieferung die gesammelt werden Waren selbst.';
}

November 13, 2015 at 11:51 am #745918

Mohammed

Hello Corrado,

Thank you for contacting WPML support forum,

To help you efficiently, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Please test if the problem persist in the minimal environment, to do that, disable all non WPML plugins and activate one of the default themes(e.g twenty fifteen) .

Thanks.

November 13, 2015 at 6:01 pm #746261

Corrado Prever

here the debuf info

November 16, 2015 at 11:53 am #746975

Mohammed

Hi Corrado,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I can't find the issue . I think it's because of the changes you did.

Changing core plugin files will fix the issue temporary. If WooCommerce launched an update, then your changes will be lost.

In a fresh installation, you won't be able to reproduce this issue. It's working without problems.

Can you please try to test the issue in the minimal environment.
To do that, disable all non WPML plugins but keep WooCommerce active and activate one of the default themes(e.g twenty fifteen) .

Thanks.

November 22, 2015 at 12:56 am #751974

Corrado Prever

Hi there your last update solved the problem, at WPML did a great job on string translation page now is really flexible and strange behaviour seems gone.