This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
June 21, 2019 at 4:22 am

Razvan

I have provided bellow my debug data.

TL;dr

Wordpress 5.2.2
WPML: 4.2.7.1
Modules: Elemementor 2.5.16, Elementor Pro 2.5.9

I tried using WPML to translate a website built with Elementor and it failed miserably.

The website has a custom post type using CTP UI, because I tried Toolset but it has become a behemoth for a simple custom postype it's not worth the time. Awesome product, own a agency licence but not for me. Anyway not the real problem.

I have 3 languages, Romanian it's the default language, Hungarian and English.

The website has templates for Pages, Post, The Post type, Header and Footer.

I've used it using WPBakery and it did a great job, but with Elementor it managed to break the website.

From what I've seen with the current configuration, if I try to duplicate a exciting page into a translation, English or Hungarian, it tried using the "Page Template" from default language (Romanian). So I tried to translate the "Page template".

Found a similar problem but still no help. https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-elementor-conditional-exclusions-do-not-work/

If I try translating first the "Page Template" into English it will break

1. The conditional for Header and Footer for the default language.
2. If I'll go anyway and set the conditional for the English translation of the "Page Template", nothing happens. The header & footer conditional options exclusion or inclusion are still broken.
3. If I delete all the translations of pages or template, disable WPML and edit the header/footer the website it's to functional state.
4. Another problem I found, that if I try to duplicate a page as translation, make the translation independent and then edit it, the whole content it's broken, I have to copy paste it using elementor from the default language, as overwriting dose nothing. As the content gets passed trough the classic editor and from multiple rows and columns ends up a single block.

__

I've read your guidelines on how to use WPML with Elementor, but what's the best approach on using WPML they kinda don't work ?

Translate the Elementor Themes and then go to Pages/Post translations, then go back and set up the Conditional Inclusion/Exclusion ?

__

I've uploaded the website on a playground and provided a google drive backuo, feel free to trash it if needed.

If you delete the "Page [EN]", deactivate the module WPML and edit the header/footer the website comes back "online".

Thank you.

June 21, 2019 at 9:48 am #4065977

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you tell me if we are dealing with multiple Elementor related issues here, or? We can only cover one issue per ticket, so I suggest that you tell me which one we should focus on. The link you sent me:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/wpml-elementor-conditional-exclusions-do-not-work/

That issue seems to have been resolved in WPML 4.1.4. - However, a regression may have happened so it would make sense to test this so that we can prove if a regression of the issue is really the case. As for translating templates - this is how it should be done, but I suspect that you have seen this section since you mentioned that you checked our documentation already:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/elementor/#translate-elementor-templates

I have just created a clean WordPress sandbox website we use for compatibility testing - can you perhaps emulate one of the issues you're having there? I have installed WPML and Elementor.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 21, 2019 at 9:49 am
June 21, 2019 at 2:13 pm #4067741

Razvan

My main problem is that WPML doesn't work with Elementor conditional display. This is the focus of this ticket.

For the sandbox you also need Elementor PRO as the conditional display it's part of the PRO package. That's the main problem.

Please check the url that I provided, there the website is broken by WPML and you can see where the problems are or use the backup that I provided for a sandbox.

June 21, 2019 at 2:42 pm #4067855

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I have installed Elementor PRO on this sandbox site and I seem to be able to create conditions now (we have a database of plugins we use for testing).

Can you try creating that scenario which isn't working on your site, but do this on our sandbox site so I can send this to our compatibility team?

Also, last time it stopped working is because of this:

"The filter name elementor/theme/get_location_templates/sub_id that we agreed in wpmlcore-5647 was changed to elementor/theme/get_location_templates/condition_sub_id in Elementor 2.2.0."

So very often it is not up to WPML, but due to changes in the code of various plugins we support.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

June 21, 2019 at 3:18 pm #4067995

Razvan

Done.

I have added the Cassic Editor Module and the Elementor Starter Theme to fit my environment.

Check the sandbox.

When I tried to translate the "Page Template" from English to French it broke the display conditional for the English Templates.

Thank you for your help.

June 24, 2019 at 6:24 am #4074875

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

When I tried to translate the "Page Template" from English to French it broke the display conditional for the English Templates.

Just to make sure (as I would like to test this myself, so that I can send all the correct information to our compatibility team) - I would get the same results as you if I:

- Create a conditional Elementor page template (for example it s could be a footer showing on the XYZ page only and not on any other page)
- I translate XYZ page into French
- I translate the conditional footer template also into French
- the condition will be gone and that the page template will appear now on all the French pages, and not only on French XYZ page?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML + Templates do not work (June 2019)’ is closed to new replies.