This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Marcos Vinicios Barreto 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 15, 2019 at 6:23 pm #4214155

aA-6

Hi, I have bought alidropship and wpml. If I translate products into another language, it does not copy the photos.

hidden link

hidden link

July 16, 2019 at 12:32 am #4214833

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this: hidden link

Please, let me know if you need any additional details. Have a nice day.

July 16, 2019 at 6:31 pm #4223223

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details. I took a detailed look in your website and could confirm the issue, please try the following:

1 - Make sure you have the WPML Media Translation installed and activated in your website. If not you can download it from your wpml.org account or install it directly from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins install dashboard from the commercial tab.

2 - Now, go to your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings > Media Translation make sure the 'Duplicate media...' options are checked and click the 'start' button, wait for the whole process and you should be done.

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Please, let me know if it helps and if you need any additional details and clarifications, have a nice day.

July 17, 2019 at 6:06 pm #4232875

aA-6

I have do that?

July 17, 2019 at 6:26 pm #4232945

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. The steps provided in my previous reply will make sure your images are duplicate to your secondary languages, please, proceed according our instructions and let me know if it helps to fix your issue. Have a nice day.

July 18, 2019 at 12:05 pm #4238477

aA-6

I have do it, see attachment. Its not working.

July 19, 2019 at 1:48 am #4242883

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I see you still didn't install the WPML Media Translation addon, the media duplication process doesn't take any effect without this addon installed, as said before please proceed this way:

"1 - Make sure you have the WPML Media Translation installed and activated in your website. If not you can download it from your wpml.org account or install it directly from your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins install dashboard from the commercial tab."

See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/media-translation/

Please, let me know if it works for you. Have a nice day.

July 19, 2019 at 10:55 am #4245893

aA-6

1 photo is working;
hidden link

July 19, 2019 at 6:34 pm #4247873

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Please, take a look at my private reply above. Thanks!

July 22, 2019 at 4:46 pm #4259983

aA-6

I have istal the plugin and activated.

July 22, 2019 at 7:15 pm #4260951

aA-6

See link: hidden link

July 23, 2019 at 12:29 am #4261861

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the provided details and sorry for the bit of waiting here due the weekend. Unfortunately for some reason the migration process failed, this is why we have to try an alternative method, for that, please consider: To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.
Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

Thank you for your collaboration. Have a nice day.

July 23, 2019 at 5:50 pm #4268517

aA-6

I have send the ftp files, can you fix it please?

July 25, 2019 at 1:22 am #4278081

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I created a duplicator package from your website I will proceed now with a local installation in order to make a detailed troubeshooting in my local installation. I will update you about the results in the next hours. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding, have a nice day.

July 26, 2019 at 1:19 am #4286433

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience. I tried the duplicator package in my local installation, unfortunately your database requires a lot of memory to run smoothly, it takes too long to just display an admin section, which makes unpractical an investigation locally as my system doesn't have enough memory for big and complex websites, I also tried a migration to cloudways it also fails, this is why we need to try another method to migrate your website.

Can you please give me permission to duplicate your website using the https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/ plugin to generate a package of your website and import it in our online test server? Please, make sure to save a backup copy, so, we can avoid any potential issue with your production website. Thank you for your contined patience and understanding, have a nice day.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML translate image broken’ is closed to new replies.