This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: WPML translated pages are not keeping styling

Solution:When translating with WPML there are 2 different options

1. by clicking the "+" to add a translation , this will allow you to add the translation from scratch meaning that the translated page will not carry over the CSS

2. By "duplicating" the page. you can do this by clicking on "edit" to access the backend of the original page, and then on the right side select "duplicate" to duplicate the page over to the secondary language.

this will carry over the CSS.

Also it is recommend to examine the options of the new page to make sure that all styling is the same in the backend.

in addition when it comes to Theme Options , if i am not mistaken AVADA allows users to add different options for each language.

you can access your theme options and then use the language switcher on the WP header to switch to the secondary language in a new tab and copy over your custom CSS on the secondary language as well.

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by curtisY 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 23, 2018 at 10:58 am #2214469

curtisY

I am trying to translate my pages from English to other languages, however the styling on English pages have not carried over to the translated pages. I am using Avada theme, all the styling was done in Fusion builder and some custom css in Theme option.

I have tried to use both methods - translation editor and manually but both of them give me the same result.

Below are the URL of my website in English and Chinese version for comparison.

English: hidden link

Chinese: hidden link

Please assist. Thanks.

May 23, 2018 at 11:34 pm #2219046

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

When translating with WPML there are 2 different options

1. by clicking the "+" to add a translation , this will allow you to add the translation from scratch meaning that the translated page will not carry over the CSS

2. By "duplicating" the page. you can do this by clicking on "edit" to access the backend of the original page, and then on the right side select "duplicate" to duplicate the page over to the secondary language.

this will carry over the CSS.

Also it is recommend to examine the options of the new page to make sure that all styling is the same in the backend.

in addition when it comes to Theme Options , if i am not mistaken AVADA allows users to add different options for each language.

you can access your theme options and then use the language switcher on the WP header to switch to the secondary language in a new tab and copy over your custom CSS on the secondary language as well.

May 24, 2018 at 8:22 am #2220589

curtisY

Thanks. my problem is resolved now.