This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.27 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 20, 2019 at 3:08 pm #4424791

Kaweh Khoshknabi

Hello,

I am in the process of translating our website from German into English. and I have 2 topics that I cannot solve for now:

1. I have translated the content of the pages of the website from German into English before installing the translation management plugin (just used the basic plugin).
When I am opening a page in English now and go to the translator the existing English text does not show in the English boxes - but instead shows the original German text, but if I open the page in the WP editor the English translation is still there. How can I get these already manually translated text pages back into the translator?

2. A next issue is, that although I have managed to translate the menus, there is one widget (in the footer) that has a text (Rechtliches) and two menu items (Imprint and DataProtection). The menu items have been translated, the Title (Rechtliches) not. If I go into Widgets and change the title manually into "Legal" the whole widget in the footer disappears in the German and English version immediately.

I have looked at several tutorials on your site, which were very helpful, but I cannot solve these above issues.

The memory limit has been changed to 256M after the chat with Laura! but the problems still remain the same.

The url of our website is hidden link (the German part is published - the English part is under construction)

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Peter
Peter Fuernkranz
peter.fuernkranz@cube-hotels.com
+431334405020

August 20, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4424873

Kaweh Khoshknabi

I still need assistance. Thanks

August 21, 2019 at 9:34 am #4429517

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

We recently discussed this issue on chat support, so I think we can mark this issue as resolved there.

Thanks