Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by enrico 6 years, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Robert.

Author Posts
January 8, 2015 at 3:15 pm #539301

enrico

Hi! I'm trying to translate the theme options content on minamaze wordpress theme made by thinkup themes. I'm a beginner but once bought wpml multilingual cms package how can i proceed? I can't set up a wpml config xml file, can anyone please help me?
I just translated all the pages and post but I not know how to translate options in homepage that I insert by the theme options tab, now I can see homepage only in italian.
I'm working offline actually.

I hope I was understandable. Thanks for your help and support!

Enrico

January 8, 2015 at 4:17 pm #539378

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Enrico,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Could you provide me with a copy of the theme files to assist with writing a wpml-config.xml file to translate your theme options.

I will set your next reply as private so that only you and I are able to see the files.

January 8, 2015 at 6:56 pm #539504

Shane
Supporter

Hi Enrico,

I create the markup to translate your theme options.

Could you add this to your wpml-config.xml file

<wpml-config>
	<admin-texts>
		<key name="redux">
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_introaction" />
			<key name="thinkup_404_content" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section1_desc" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section1_button" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section1_link" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section1_url" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section2_title" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section2_desc" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section2_button" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section2_link" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section2_url" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section3_title" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section3_desc" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section3_button" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section3_link" />
			<key name="thinkup_homepage_section3_url" />
			<key name="thinkup_contact_info" />
			<key name="thinkup_contact_line1" />
			<key name="thinkup_contact_line2" />
			<key name="thinkup_contact_city" />
			<key name="thinkup_contact_country" />
			<key name="thinkup_notification_text" />
			<key name="thinkup_notification_button" />
			<key name="thinkup_seo_sitetitle" />
			<key name="thinkup_seo_sitekeywords" />
			<key name="thinkup_font_bodystandard" />
			<key name="thinkup_font_bodygoogle" />
			<key name="thinkup_font_bodyheadingstandard" />
			<key name="thinkup_font_bodyheadinggoogle" />
			<key name="thinkup_font_logostandard" />

</key>
	</admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

This should allow you to translate your theme options

January 9, 2015 at 3:51 pm #540076

enrico

Hi! Thank for the code. I've added the text on wpml-config.xml file, if I go on string translation I find the string I want to translate, like the intro call action "contattaci" set in italian from theme options, if I try to translate with "contact us" and save in the english version of the home page the change is not showed and i cant translate image slider's text and descriptions.
Sorry but it's the first time I'm using WPML

January 9, 2015 at 4:25 pm #540105

Shane
Supporter

Hi Enrico,

Could you confirm that the translation of the Button text was done using the WPML String Translations.
If this was so does the string say "Translation is Complete" beside it?

Also when you translate the string ensure that the "Translation is Complete " checkbox is ticked and hit save.

January 9, 2015 at 5:01 pm #540119

enrico

Hi Shane,
Yes, the translation is made using WPML String Translations, it said "translation complete" and I checked the checkbox while translating text.
I found in admin_texts_plugin_sitepress-multilingual-cms context 14 string which need to translate, is this the right place to work on?
Does it need any particular settings in theme localization tab?

January 9, 2015 at 5:59 pm #540148

Shane
Supporter

Hi Enrico,

I'm not sure what's happening on your end. It could be your local server.

I managed to translate the theme options as well as the button text and it showed up quite fine on the front end.

Could you try deleting the string by checking the box and click the delete string button at the bottom of the page.

Then when that is done try translating the string again.

Note: For the string to show up on the front end you will need to view the website in that translation.

January 11, 2015 at 2:46 pm #540493

enrico

Hi Shane!
I tried to edit the file WPML you coded, now works but there is some error due to the fact that the version of the theme that I sent you is different from the one I have on. Just load the website online with the final version of the theme you'll know.
Sorry for the mistake. See you soon (is matter of days)
Enrico

January 12, 2015 at 3:01 pm #541125

Shane
Supporter

Hi Enrico,

Happy I was able to assist.

Please let me know if all goes well and close the ticket if the theme options are being translated correctly

January 15, 2015 at 2:50 pm #543208

enrico

Hi Shane,
I've just uploaded all the web site but I still can't translate the slider title and description in the home page content tab and also the call action link.

January 16, 2015 at 9:04 am #543639

Robert

Shane is working outside of support so I'll be helping you with this issue going forward. Could you please provide your debug information? You can find this information in WPML > Support > Debug. You can paste your debug information in the debug field below.

The slider is generated via those theme options Shane provided correct? And you have translated them via string translation?

January 21, 2015 at 3:46 pm #546670

enrico

Hi Robert, yes the slider is generated by theme options but I can't find the string to translate.

Enrico

January 23, 2015 at 10:38 am #547773

Robert

After Shane generated the XML file for your theme, those strings were available via String Translation correct? Now they do not appear? If you updated the theme it's possible that the changes were overwritten or removed. You would need to re-create this file.

January 26, 2015 at 4:55 pm #549146

enrico

Those strings never appeared in the translation string. And the theme it's still the same.

January 27, 2015 at 2:22 pm #549664

Robert

Ah, sorry i was under the impression that he access your site, instead he resolved the issue locally. Is this site now accessible via the web? Perhaps I can access to review directly.

Did you create the XML file he supplied and place it in the theme folder on the FTP? Have you also selected 'Translate by WPML' on the WPML > Theme and plugin localization page? On that same page did you scan the theme for strings?

The topic ‘[Closed] wpml translating minamaze theme options text’ is closed to new replies.