This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by stellaP-5 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
January 9, 2020 at 2:42 pm #5262687

stellaP-5

We are trying to retrieve some jobs sent for translation to Transifex via WPML plugin but this is not possible.

Those jobs seem to be sent to Transifex via WPML plugin as expected - Transifex has successfully received the task job available for translation - and in fact, the task is completed in Transifex, but those two jobs do not seem to be associated with each other, and therefore, synchronization is impossible.

In WPML, those task jobs exist in the Translation Jobs in Translation Management menu but are stuck in the "In Progress" status and all the options in each job are greyed out, thus not allowing the retrieval of the translation. "Check Status and Get Translations" generic option will also not work.

Also, the URL on the "Translated by" column of each WPML job for Transifex is this: hidden link
which makes us think the integration between the WPML translation job and the Transifex corresponding job is broken. Please note that these jobs are part of Transifex projects that contain other jobs that successfully completed and were retrieved back to WPML. Those failed jobs are only part of a larger amount of jobs sent that most of them worked seamlessly and without problems.

Is there a way to connect those jobs - for instance, via a safe fixing operation on the WordPress database or do something else? Please consider that those translations are complete in the Transifex side, and therefore we want to successfully retrieve them.

January 9, 2020 at 4:20 pm #5263659

stellaP-5

As the issue remains unresolved and we have not found any solution to this point, could we possibly talk with one of your support members? Thank you in advance.

January 9, 2020 at 4:58 pm #5263925

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

I would need your WPML debug information. You can find it in:
WPML -> Support -> click on debug information link
Then you can copy/paste the text you see in the Debug box I'll enable for the next answer.
More information here: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Also please report the communication log you can find in WPML > Support

You said you couldn't provide debug information when you opened the ticket, please notice that with the only information we have at this moment we are not able to further debug the issue.

January 13, 2020 at 12:36 pm #5282461

stellaP-5

Hello, attached you can find the debug information. For confidentiality reasons, we have removed passwords and API keys data from the JSON object.
Please note we will not be able to give you access to our website due to reasons of confidentiality.

January 13, 2020 at 5:07 pm #5284835

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Hi,

would be possible to also have the communication log you can find in WPML > Support?

January 14, 2020 at 11:39 am #5288867

stellaP-5

Hello,

I have added the communication log in the private message of this thread, under the plugins section.

January 15, 2020 at 12:41 pm #5297503

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

thanks for the extra information. I asked a second opinion on the matter.

January 17, 2020 at 9:29 am #5310525

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

our expert thinks the jobs may be corrupted.

So he's suggesting to:
- send these jobs again to Transfix
- ask the service to use the translation memory to translate the content (so you won't have extra fees)
- re-deliver the jobs to WPML

This should fix the job data, and hopefully you should be able to retrieve them
Please let me know if this works for you or if we need to check further.

January 20, 2020 at 1:46 pm #5324139

stellaP-5

Hello again,

Thank you for your reply.
As suggested, we tried re-sending the jobs to Transifex and use shared memory for the integration, however, this ended up problematic, as WPML sent the translations **in different segments** to Transifex. In detail, it broke some new lines and list elements into separate entries for translation within a whole section, instead of sending the section as an integral part, something previously made. That way, The TM of Transifex is unable to automatically match the fields and the translation is incomplete.

Do you have any insight on this?

Thank you in advance.

January 21, 2020 at 2:18 pm #5333179

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

we are still investigating. I don't know if it will be possible to fix it without accessing your site, but I'll keep you updated.

January 21, 2020 at 2:43 pm #5333507

stellaP-5

Hello,

Thank you for the investigation. Please note that, as stated before, it is not possible to grant you access to our website.

January 22, 2020 at 11:26 am #5339989

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

it might be possible that the original content of the posts has changed? If so, it might explain why Transifex can't match the jobs.

If the only jobs affected are the ones in the screenshot, we think the best solution would be to manually copy the translation in WPML translation editor. We understand this is not optimal, but we can't see any other solution, especially considering we can't access the site.

January 27, 2020 at 12:41 pm #5369877

stellaP-5

Hello again,

Unfortunately, these are not the only jobs, as, in total, there more than 100 corrupt jobs.
As another attempt in order to make things work, we created a *new* project with all the corrupt translations, sent them to Transifex, used shared memory in order to sync as much content as possible - aiming to complete the translation manually for the new jobs.
In order to test a specific case, we then translated *one* post manually within the project, but for all its languages and reviewed it. We then attempted to retrieve it via WPML and its status remained in progress without retrieval.
Should we translate *all* the translation jobs within a project in order to retrieve them, or should it be also available to retrieve them in parts (for instance, when a specific translation job is complete)?

January 27, 2020 at 2:54 pm #5370709

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

I reported this new information to the 2nd tier, I'll update as soon as I get a reply.

January 27, 2020 at 4:37 pm #5371693

Laura
Supporter

Hi,

you should be able to translate and retrieve only parts of a project.

Unfortunately, without accessing your site we are not able to tell you why you're having the issue.