This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
April 10, 2019 at 12:34 pm #3576161

marc

Hi,
today I updated WPML.
Now WPML Translation Management is no longer working correctly.
All content from the enfold avia layout editor is missing.

How to reproduce:
1 Create a new post
2 enter a title
3 add a simple avia_sc_text element via the advanced layout editor
4 click save/publish
5 click "+" in the sidebar to add an translation via WPML Translation Management
6 only the title shows up for translation ... the text element is missing

When I use the default editor at step 3 everything works as excpected.

I disabled my child theme and all other plugins - I'm running:
WordPress 5.1.1
Enfold 4.5.5
Classic Editor 1.4
WPML Multilingual CMS 4.2.5
WPML String Translation 2.10.3
WPML Translation Management 2.8.4

Please help.

April 10, 2019 at 3:37 pm #3578045

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Can you please elaborate a bit more so that I can understand exactly what you mean?

You say this "5 click "+" in the sidebar to add a translation via WPML Translation Management" - I think you are referring to the WPML Classic Translation Editor as that is what is used when you click on +, is that what you mean?

However, I don't understand what do you mean when you say "When I use the default editor at step 3 everything works as expected." - what editor do you mean?

Can you create a short screen-recording session?

Also, can you please let me know what is the name of the page you tried to do that process on?

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.

- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.

The private box looks like this: hidden link

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

April 11, 2019 at 6:46 pm #3592193

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you very much for the screen recording session and for the extra explanation.

What I did is I first went here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/enfold/#maintian-compatibility-avia-builder

After that, I scrolled down to this section in the link below and clicked over the link (called "here") found in the last phrase "Feel free to check it here":
https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/enfold/#maintian-compatibility-avia-builder

That took me here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-avia-layout-builder-enfold-compatibility-wpml/

After that, I scrolled down to this section:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/maintaining-avia-layout-builder-enfold-compatibility-wpml/#updating-the-language-configuration-file

I clicked on the "our repository" link that got me here:
hidden link

I copied everything inside there in your WPML > Settings > XML Configuration section tab and saved it.

Can you please check if that solved your issue and if the Avia builder shortcodes show up now in the WPML Classic Translation Editor?

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help. 🙂

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai

April 12, 2019 at 7:56 am #3595893

marc

This does not resolve the issue.
(I actually already tried this before reaching out to you, but tried it again and still not working)

April 12, 2019 at 1:43 pm #3599675

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for the confirmation.

I will spend more time on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have any feedback.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so if I won't be able to come with an answer today, I will definitely get back to you at the beginning of next week.

I will leave the ticket assigned to me for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

April 16, 2019 at 6:19 am #3618405

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi!

I would like to duplicate the site on a testing environment and I would need your written approval in order to do that.

Can you please let me know if that would be ok for you?

The duplicated site will be deleted after we find the issue.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai

April 17, 2019 at 9:22 am #3629113

marc

Yeah, feel free to do so.

April 17, 2019 at 12:36 pm #3630793

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

I will continue the debugging on this and I will get back to you as soon as I have more information on this.

I will also leave the ticket assigned to me for the moment.

Kind regards,
Mihai

April 18, 2019 at 4:27 pm #3640781

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi and thank you for your patience.

I duplicated your site on a local environment and I ran a few troubleshooting processes.

From what I have also found, it seems that this was the solution to make the theme fields appear:
https://wpml.org/errata/translation-editor-support-avia-layout-builder-enfold/

However, I have seen that you already tried that inside the functions.php file of the theme, but I tried it too, in both the child theme and the main theme.

It seems that it makes no difference and all I can see is the block in the screenshot I attached but that displays only for less than 1 second and it disappears.

By also checking this page (https://wpml.org/theme/enfold/), I can see the message in red found at the top: "Compatibility with Enfold theme is in beta mode – tested less than a month ago".

So there might be a compatibility issue happening at the moment with the theme but we can't know that for sure until we don't test the theme on a clean sandbox environment where we have only the WPML plugins installed and the theme.

I created this sandbox for you here (one-click login):
hidden link

To have you spend less time on this, I also set up WPML already exactly as you have it (German as default, English as a secondary language). I also selected the WPML Classic Translation Editor as the default one.

Can you please install the theme (just the main one or main + child but make sure to download the latest clean/fresh version, with no edits added to it) and try to reproduce the issue?

If the issue will still happen on our servers, too, on a clean install, then I can forward it to our Compatibility department.

Please let me know when that's done.

Kind regards,
Mihai

April 19, 2019 at 8:51 am #3644233

marc

I just tried out your installation. It works as it should.
I don't know what to say. Do you have any ideas why it doesn't work on our installation?
As I mentioned above, I also have a similar stripped down version of our installation with no extra plugins enabled and only enfold main theme enabled and even there the error occurs.
So I really don't see where my stripped down installation differs from yours. I guess there is no easy way to find this out and our only way out is to install a fresh wordpress.

April 19, 2019 at 4:02 pm #3647399

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Well, in this case, the issue might be somewhere either because of a custom-edit done to one of the 2 themes (or both) or maybe it might even be related to the hosting configuration or some extra code being somehow implemented into your WordPress site maybe through a file in the site's directories.

You are right, there is no easy way to find out what is happening but if things work fine on a clean setup, there surely must be something related either with the hosting configuration (which I don't think it might be the case), either with some part of code that's part of the site (I'm mostly inclined to this option).

Please let me know what you will be able to find.

Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week in case you will write back to me this weekend.

Kind regards,
Mihai