Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 8:00 – 15:00 -
- 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 16:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 28 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Alejandro 1 year, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Alejandro.

Author Posts
May 16, 2022 at 3:02 pm #11230899

tomasA-11

The dialog that asks if the site is moved again etc is back again.

We have done nothing with the settings of wpml or the site.
Just worked with the products and categories etc, and some minor changes in the sites footer.

May 16, 2022 at 3:24 pm #11231013

Alejandro
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Alright. select the first option (i moved the URL) but then please flush your site's and your server's cache because if it's returning it just means that the cache is preventing either the real saving of the option you selected or it's not deleting the entry in the database because it doesn't receive the call.

Regards.

May 16, 2022 at 3:51 pm #11231367

tomasA-11

Ok, I have done that.
I doubt that cache is the problem since the dialog box have returned a couple of times now, but we will se, I hope you are right! 🙂

Where is the setting stored? In WordPress in general it's more often then not easier to check whats going on in the database.

May 17, 2022 at 7:16 am #11234753

Alejandro
Supporter

There are 3 entries that handle the overall notifications so you can also delete them yourself:

- icl_admin_messages
- wpml_string_table_ok_for_mo_import
-wpml_notices

They are found in your wp_options. these entries are indirectly linked to this notification and they will be recreated afterwards so if you delete them and the notification returns please:

- Make sure there aren't snapshots being applied to your site
- Make sure you flush the server cache before and after you set the option on top ("i moved the website to this url").

Then let me know how it goes.

May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am #11246861

tomasA-11

Hi, I deleted the rows in wp_options that you suggested.

All three rows are back again.
And also the dialog that asks if the site is moved again etc is back again.

May 18, 2022 at 12:39 pm #11247143

Alejandro
Supporter

1) Disable the Litespeed plugin after having flushed it.
2) Disable the query monitor for the time being since it could interfere with our plugin
3) Go o the server and make sure all the server-side caching are disabled.
4) Let me know when that has happened so i can check with our developers what's going on AND after we finish with that, i want to test if the problem returns

-------------------

Also, there's something that's been bothering me. when i open the JS console i see something about plugins being deactivated and i worry that might be part of the issue here.

Would it be possible that you tried to click this banner with the following scenario?

- No cache plugin enabled
- No server-side cache enabled
- No plugin enabled except for WPML plugins

Because i'm almost certain this is an issue very specific to your setup (so far there hasn't been anyone else that had such an issue

---------------------------

At the same i keep seeing something that would trigger the banner in an expected way. whenever i check your site and check this page :hidden link

i get errors saying that the XLIFF doesn't belong to the system and that happens exactly when a file upload was left interrupted and the site was migrated.

that also triggers the banner.

Another suspicion has to do with the site hidden link which was the original site for this organization.

May 30, 2022 at 9:01 am #11340771

tomasA-11

Hi Alejandro, I can't understand that such a simple thing that communicate with our server and leaving info about a site URL can be so much trouble for you.... And for those at WPML who made this code it should be very easy to know what could be wrong....

Anyway I have done this:

- No cache plugin enabled
- No server-side cache enabled
- No plugin enabled except for WPML plugins

Your developers already got a copy of our site, if this does not work I think it's easier that they do some testing on our copy? As a developer I would think that's the easiest way, and also soon we go live so we can't be bothered with this kind of problems.

May 30, 2022 at 10:22 am #11342021

Alejandro
Supporter

- We do not have any staging site or copy of your site anywhere on our end. if you migrated it in the past, it was deleted as soon as the ticket was closed, but if you see it active somewhere, please let me know where so i can try to check it out.

- We checked to see if your site was blocked on our end and it's not. at the same time i checked the transactions made from your site but since march 24th there's nothing on our end.

- I don't have trouble with anything we're doing here, but everything seems ok on our end, yet we can't verify anything from your server so that's why i asked what you can read in the last threads and that's also why i asked for a copy of the site, so we could verify against a server we control and that we entirely know its configuration.

Our devs are helping out here and the situation is not as easy as you think (otherwise it would be solved already 😉 ) nor is it happening to anyone else so i kindly ask if you can:

- Allow me access to the site (Since the old credentials are not working anymore)
- Allow me to clone your site to one of our staging servers

Our devs will look into it and try to help us figure out what's going on here.

May 31, 2022 at 8:05 am
May 31, 2022 at 8:10 am #11350179

Alejandro
Supporter

The site has been "under maintenance" for a bit already (A few minutes at least) are you updating something?

Please let me know when i can access.

May 31, 2022 at 11:24 am #11352639

tomasA-11

Hi you should be able to access it.
I don't see any "under maintenance" message?

We're doing some updating, imports and indexing but it should be up and running...
Try again no.

May 31, 2022 at 1:38 pm #11353935

tomasA-11

* That should be "Try again now" :).

May 31, 2022 at 4:26 pm #11355623

Alejandro
Supporter

I can see the issue you keep having is coming directly from the site. there's something in there that is basically blocking the requests we have.

i couldn't see the banner but i could see that in like 30% of the reloads i made i got the error you can see here: hidden link

I suspect the problem could come from that plugin that enables/disables plugins, maybe it interrupts some of our procedures.

Something actually interrupts the AJAX calls and that's why it sometimes fails, interrupting the handshake between our servers and yours and when it's reinstated, the system believes it's a new site so it shows the banner.

This is definitely not easy to test but i'd definitely start with the plugin that enables/disables other plugins.

June 1, 2022 at 9:52 am #11360865

tomasA-11

Hi Alejandro, where did you get those errors? I have been working with the site for a few hours with the console turned on without getting any errors.
Can you give me an example of one or two pages where you got those.

Nope it's not "Easy Updates Manager" this was a problem long before we added this plugin.

Ajax is working well in all other cases so I guess it's something with WPML....
Let me know how to test your ajax functionality, your developers maybe have a php-file to upload that tests? If not that should be easy for them to do.
I have been working as a developer for over 20 years (mainly on the .net platform, but anyway) so if they need someone to talk to that can help them out for testing etc you can let them contact me directly.

June 1, 2022 at 5:57 pm #11365251

Alejandro
Supporter

I saw that same error while navigating through the back-end. in WPML > Translation management was one but also i believe in the "dashboard" from WordPress.

the weird thing is that i don't see the errors everytime. sometime they are there and block some features (like the "automatic translation tab") and sometimes they are not there and everything seems to work ok (i've accessed your site in 3 different moments before and sometimes everything was ok, sometimes i got errors like the one i sent or 500 error mentioned in the JS console but without the site crashing or anything).

the weird thing, however is that in none of the tests or accesses to your site i saw the migration notification but i know that it was there before because the error logs mentioned "forbidden".

We recently got a weird case where doing the following improved the handshake (which is the reason you're having issues with the advanced translation editor and getting that migration notification over and over again, so maybe we can give it a try):

- Go to https://wpml.org/account/sites/
- Cancel the domain of this site
- Now go to your site and visit plugins > Add new > Commercial
- Cancel the license
- Register it again, but using the link below the registration field ( as mentioned here: https://wpml.org/faq/install-wpml/#register )

- Then go to WPML > Troubleshooting > Synchronize local job ids
- Send a job through WPML > Translation management and then translate it from WPML > Translations to see if the translation editor opens correctly.

Our devs will also be monitoring this to see if they can find anything that can help spot the cause of this issue because you're currently the only one with such a case so it might be the entire scenario that could be creating issues.

------------------

By the way we use REST to communicate with our servers (AJAX too but only to update some content, everything else is purely REST), do you happen to have any REST restriction on your site?

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Translation manager gives error message, but without t-manager things work’ is closed to new replies.