Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 26 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by diegoC-14 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
November 13, 2019 at 3:32 pm

diegoC-14

Hi,
I'm trying to update a previously translated page (in this case the homepage in which I should change links and some texts), but when I update the content using cornerstone, some texts are converted automatically in italian (buttons, titles etc.). I know there is a known issue with classic elements in Cornerstone, but my website has been developed before the V2, so I would like not to develope it again from scratch and try to make it work as it is.
Classic elements can be translated manually, so why it keeps coming back to italian?
Maybe I'm just missing some settings...
Thanks in advance for your support

November 14, 2019 at 12:22 pm #4946603

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

I have tried to edit the English homepage with Cornerstone, but not able to reproduce the issue exactly. So please share with me a couple of screenshots or the steps to reproduce the issue for a better understanding of the problem.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 15, 2019 at 8:41 am #4951853

diegoC-14

Hi Bigul,
so the problem comes up when I try to edit the english page. In this case, I didn't make any changes, but just clicked the save button in Cornerstone: in the back end everything look normal, but when I go again in the english homepage, something happen and some texts that were in english are in italian.

November 15, 2019 at 12:56 pm #4954043

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please check the attached image. Have you made any changes to the English Homepage now? It is showing English texts for me now.

Please check it and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 15, 2019 at 3:04 pm #4955091

diegoC-14

Yes, I took an older version of the page because the website is online.
Have you tried going to frontend after saving the english page? That's weird, in cornerstone it comes up right, but when you take a look to the page, it changes

November 18, 2019 at 6:37 am #4962021

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. But I haven't made any changes to the English homepage. Just to make sure, have you translated the Homepage(in the past) to English using WPML Classic Editor? Please check this documentation for more details - https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/xtheme/

Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to the X parent theme
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate the plugin one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 18, 2019 at 3:44 pm #4966497

diegoC-14

Hi Bigul,
I tried to do as you said, I've just kept WPML and its components and Cornerstone, but nothing changes, every time I save the english page (even if I don't change anything) some texts are in italian. I've changed the theme to the parent, deactiveted all plugins, tried to save the page and the problem was still there. So I chenged again to child theme and activated all plugins again, as the website is online.

November 18, 2019 at 3:49 pm #4966563

diegoC-14

Now I'll let the english homepage be as it shows up with the error, just for you to understand. Other weird thing: take a look under the section "Il Calendario" (which should be calendar), there's a code I don't understand...maybe could be a clue for you.
Thank you very much for your support.

November 18, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4966617

diegoC-14

"Thank you for the updates. But I haven't made any changes to the English homepage. Just to make sure, have you translated the Homepage(in the past) to English using WPML Classic Editor?"
Yes, I did, with wpml classic editor. I do understand you didn't make any changes, but that's the main point: if you just save the english homepage, texts change.

November 19, 2019 at 11:55 am #4971615

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. We have released a new version of WPML(4.3.4) recently. Please upgrade to the latest version after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

If the issue exists, it requires further checking. So please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 19, 2019 at 2:08 pm #4973071

diegoC-14

Hi Bigul, all plugins were already up-to-date yesterday and the issue was still there. I installed and activated duplicator for you to debug it in you environment.
Thank you for your support,
Diego

November 20, 2019 at 9:55 am #4978329

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Diego,

Thank you for your permission. I made a Duplicator copy of the site and debugging the issue now. Will get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 21, 2019 at 8:02 am #4985799

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Diego,

For your kind updates, the issue is reproducible on my local copy and the bug is existing after the initial checks. But I am getting a different result on the local copy. The result is the same after the following steps.

1) Update the English Homepage from native WordPress editor(just resave from the backend)
2) The English Homepage titles become Italian on the frontend
3) Update the English Homepage contents using Cornerstone Builder
4) But the English Homepage titles are still in Italian on the frontend

So please let me know I missed any steps or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 21, 2019 at 12:07 pm #4987621

diegoC-14

Hi Bigul,
yes, the only different thing is when I save the page in the backend (your first point): in that case tites don't switch to italian. When I try to do it in Cornerstone, they change to italian.
Thank you

November 22, 2019 at 7:59 am #4994677

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Diego,

Thank you for the updates. I have shared the details with our team for the expert opinion and waiting for the feedback now.

Sorry, but I am a bit confused about the following and actual steps you are tried. So how the titles are back to English from Italian now on the live site?

the only different thing is when I save the page in the backend (your first point): in that case, titles don't switch to Italian. When I try to do it in Cornerstone, they change to Italian

Therefore please let me know the exact steps you are followed.

--
Thanks!

Bigul