This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: After the update, backend does not load in profile language.

Solution: Please go to WPML > Theme and Plugins localization > Localization options and select "Translate themes and plugins using WPML’s String Translation and always load .mo files as backup"

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kévin 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
August 21, 2019 at 11:46 am #4430879

Kévin

Hello,

When I update WPML to the latest version. My backend and frontend doesn't use PO and MO files for translation (MO and PO files from WordPress, Theme, Woocommerce are not loaded). All frontend strings are in English and my backend too.

I got this problem when I update the plugin WPML String Translation 2.10.4 to 2.10.5.1.
I got this problem on 2 websites.

Thanks

In my screenshots, I see a problem on characters "A l'unité" in WPML looks like "A l'unité" (Woocommerce custom product variations - Post Meta).

August 21, 2019 at 12:10 pm #4431131

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Please go to WPML > Theme and Plugins localization > Localization options and select "Translate themes and plugins using WPML’s String Translation and always load .mo files as backup"

This worked and solved two other tickets with the same issue.
i. https://wpml.org/forums/topic/woocommerce-not-translated-backend-in-english-not-italian-as-expected/
ii. https://wpml.org/forums/topic/default-site-language-is-not-working-its-set-to-slovak-but-everything-is-in-en/

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

August 22, 2019 at 6:12 am #4436555

Kévin

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!