This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by wahingL 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
September 11, 2019 at 2:46 pm #4554355

wahingL

I am trying to: update WPML, but every time I do this, the site completely crashes.
Because this happens everytime, I duplicated the site to a new test-location: vdsalm.interforcehosting.nl

This is the error I receive, when the site crashes:
AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning: include(/var/www/clients/client32/web81/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/vendor/composer/../../classes/slug-translation/RewriteRules/HooksFactory.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/clients/client32/web81/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444\nPHP message: PHP Warning: include(): Failed opening '/var/www/clients/client32/web81/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/vendor/composer/../../classes/slug-translation/RewriteRules/HooksFactory.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/clients/client32/web81/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/vendor/composer/ClassLoader.php on line 444\nPHP message: PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'WPML\\ST\\SlugTranslation\\Hooks\\HooksFactory' not found in /var/www/clients/client32/web81/web/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/classes/slug-translation/wpml-slug-translation-factory.php:35\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/clients/client32/web81/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php(144): WPML_Slug_Translation_Factory->create()\n#1 /var/www/clients/client32/web81/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php(92): WPML_Action_Filter_Loader->run_factory(Object(WPML_Slug_Translation_Factory))\n#2 /var/www/clients/client32/web81/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/action-filter-loader/class-wpml-action-filter-loader.php(76): WPML_Action_Filter_Loader->load_factory(Object(WPML_Slug_Translation_Factory))\n#3 /var/www/clients/client32/web81/web/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes...\n', referer: hidden link

September 11, 2019 at 8:03 pm #4556349

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Please, try a manual update via FTP and let me know if works for you, here are the steps:

1 - Download the zipped plugins folder from your wpml.org account.

2 - Unzip it and upload it via FTP to your host wp-content/plugins folder.

Note: I recommend you to delete your current wpml plugin folder before uploading the new one (sitepress-multilingual-cms), your settings won't be lost as they are saved in your database.

IMPORTANT: Please, note, a backup is required for security reasons and to avoid any data loss, you can use the https://wordpress.org/plugins/backupwordpress/ plugin for these backup needs.

Please, let me know if works for you, have a nice day.

September 12, 2019 at 1:58 pm #4561487

wahingL

Hi Marcos,
Your solution worked. I had to upload some folders and files twice, because there seemed to be some old stuff still lurking after deleting, but it works again. Thank you!