Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Joanna 3 years, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Joanna.

Author Posts
May 9, 2017 at 11:16 pm #1272261

tonyD-4

I am trying to:

Get rid of the error banner that reads:
WPML Update is Incomplete
You are running updated wpml-media-translation, wpml-string-translation and wpml-translation-management, but the following components are not updated:
sitepress-multilingual-cms

Steps I've taken that have not worked:
1) Updated all WPML plugins.
2) Ensured Multilingual CMS was at the latest version (3.7.0)
3) Download from my account a fresh copy of sitepress-multilingual-cms.3.7.0 and upload/overwrite the folder in wp-content -> plugins
4) Purge my site and browser cache.

URL of (my) website where the problem appears:
hidden link

I expected to see:
The banner disappear after troubleshooting

Instead, I got:
The banner remaining.

Steps to duplicate the issue:

May 10, 2017 at 7:59 am #1272443

Joanna

Hello @tonyd-4,

This may happen when plugins are being updated in the incorrect order. It doesn't mean that you did something wrong but the fact that the add-ons were updated before the core plugin, e.g. when you updated everything in bulk.

Since the dependencies between the core plugin and its add-ons are checked during the activation process, please do the following:
1. Deactivate all WPML plugins.
2. Activate the core WPML plugin.
3. Activate all add-ons.

If you use any cache plugin or have any cache on your server, you may need to clear it as well.

This should refresh the information about the currently active plugin versions and the false error message should be gone.