This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by mikhailZ-4 1 week, 6 days ago.

Author Posts
October 2, 2019 at 9:18 am #4678155

mikhailZ-4

I am trying to:

After updating the plugin about ~2 weeks ago, my webmaster page (hidden link) started showing, that my pages use 302 redirect instead of 301. That's a big mistake and it has already impacted on my website's SEO. The search engine already replaced my pretty urls with ugly '?p=number' ones.

So if you try to open hidden link, developer console will show you, that the page uses 302 redirect. Before I updated the WPML plugins, I've never seen these issues (I always saw 301 redirects, and it's absolutely OK).

I mean, if you open the page hidden link, it will redirect you to the proper page (with custom slug), but with a wrong redirection code.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Any webpage in my website (translated or even original):
hidden link
hidden link

I expected to see:
301 redirection from pages like hidden link to proper urls with a proper (301) redirection code.

Instead, I got:
302 redirection to the proper url.

October 2, 2019 at 11:32 am #4679787

mikhailZ-4

Hi there, sorry, but the issue didn't have anything to do with the WPML. It was Slimstat Analytics issue. The plugin was disabled and everything became cool!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!