Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Laura 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
January 24, 2020 at 2:40 pm #5357651

jerisscloudcenter

ME TO YOAST :

I'm getting the below errors in debuglog. What is this? Please fix this. It says I should use something else but not sure what's this.

[22-Jan-2020 09:32:37 UTC] PHP Notice: wpseo_premium_post_redirect_slug_change est obsolète depuis la version YoastSEO Premium 12.9.0 ! Utilisez Yoast\WP\SEO\post_redirect_slug_change à la place. in /home/customer/www/gevcen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4924

[22-Jan-2020 09:32:37 UTC] PHP Notice: wpseo_enable_notification_post_slug_change est obsolète depuis la version YoastSEO Premium 12.9.0 ! Utilisez Yoast\WP\SEO\enable_notification_{$watch_type}_{$notification_type} à la place. in /home/customer/www/gevcen.be/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4924

ANSWER FROM YOAST SUPPORT TEAM :

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

We apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with our plugin. We've confirmed the problem you reported and have created a bug report for our development team. The PHP notice only appears when the slug of a page is changed and these plugins are activated: Yoast SEO Premium, WPML Multilingual CMS, WooCommerce, WPML Translation Management, WPML String Translation and WooCommerce Multilingual.

Our developers have confirmed that WPML is using a method that we deprecated in 12.9, so this is something they should change. Please, contact WPML and bring this issue to them. They'll be able to fix it in their code.

January 24, 2020 at 6:50 pm #5358987

jerisscloudcenter

FROM YOAST :

Thank you for following up on this topic. WPML's compatibility team has confirmed that they are aware of the issue. Please contact WPML to get updates on their progress.

Description: Debug log shows a notice that removed filters are being referenced in another plugin's code.

Problem: Yoast SEO removed certain developer filters. WPML currently uses one or more of the removed filters to modify Yoast SEO behavior.

As Is: A warning notice is displayed when a plugin (WPML in this case) uses a deprecated filter.

To Be: No warning after other plugins, like WPML, no longer uses the deprecated filter.

Solution: WPML will change or remove the code the uses this filter.

January 24, 2020 at 9:12 pm #5359343

Bruno

Thank you. Yes, this problem has already been identified by our team and it will be fixed in a future version of WPML.

At the moment I don't have a deadline for when a fix for this is going to be released, but our developers are already aware.

Thank you.

July 17, 2021 at 12:04 pm #9221979

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Fixed in WPML SEO 1.1.0