Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Gerard P 6 years, 10 months ago.

Assigned support staff: sarah.n.

Author Posts
January 1, 2013 at 1:33 am #93707

Gerard P

Hello,

I just upgraded from WPML 2.6.2 to 2.6.3 and now received this warning message on the dashboard:
WPML can't run normally. There is an installation or server configuration problem.

The error message only happens when I log in to the backend via SSL.
I discovered this by reading this post:
http://wpml.org/forums/topic/installation-error/

If I disable SSL for the /wp-admin path on our reverse proxy server, I do not receive this warning.
If I was the only person using the backend, this wouldn't be such a big issue but we have other users who are going to see this warning message every time they log in.

Please fix the bug or provide a reasonable workaround (and disabling SSL is not a reasonable workaround).

Thanks,

Jerry.

January 1, 2013 at 4:52 am #93725

Amir
Supporter

Thank you for reporting this. I've added to the debug list for the upcoming version. When WPML developers are back from the New Year break, they will check what's causing this.

January 1, 2013 at 6:25 am #93733

sarah.n
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Hello Jerry,

I see Amir already replied to you. Is there anything else I can be of help with?

January 4, 2013 at 11:05 am #94202

Mihai

Gerard when you go to

hidden link

What do you get? Try this with the WP debug mode on too.

January 8, 2013 at 1:34 am #94754

Gerard P

Hi Mihai,

The SSL problem has mysteriously disappeared.
I still get the error enabling or disabling the WPML CMS plugin but after the first error message, the warning:
WPML can't run normally. There is an installation or server configuration problem.
no longer appears.

When I go to:
hidden link
I get a blank screen in the browser.
Whether WP_DEBUG is enabled or not.

We are having lots of problems with our WMPL install so I am going to start some new Topics to see if you guys can resolve them.

Thanks,

Gerard.