This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 1 year, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
September 17, 2018 at 1:43 pm #2741162

peterW-36

Hi,

I need to implement a language switcher in the main header next to the social media icons.
Intuitively, the wpml widget shortcode should do the job. However, it is not displaying correclty (see screenshot attached).
I already customized the flag icon and included custom css to make the flag bigger.

However, with the widget shortcode the flag icon is still very small. How to fix this?
Also, I need the flag icon to appear properly next to the social media icons on the same height. As seen in the screenshot, the social media icons move up the header. How to fix this?

When activating the language switcher for the main menu the flag appears bigger (the size I want). However I need it to the right of the social media icons.

I did not leave to code live because I don´t want visitors to see this.
Thank you for your support.

September 17, 2018 at 11:45 pm #2742782

peterW-36

Hi,
I have solved the smaller flag issue in the widget by applying the appropriate css selectors.
However, I was not able to come up with css code for a clean display inside the header when using the widget short code.

I have gone for a different solution. I have put the language switcher into the main menu now. The solution is not bad but I would probably still prefer the implementation via a widget.

September 18, 2018 at 12:14 pm #2745026

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. Could you please add language switcher using widget shortcode again, so that I can provide you correct CSS accordingly to fix this issue.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML Widget shortcode not displaying correclty’ is closed to new replies.