This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Riffaz 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
April 13, 2019 at 8:10 am #3603927

janettS

I am trying to:Translate Skt Theme, bed and breakfast theme. Theme and plugins localization wil not run and i cant get the sections translated, only the headings. The website is under cuntruction and i am running it on my computer under localhost/xampp.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

April 14, 2019 at 9:22 am #3607315

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I do not find a theme named "skt" in our compatible list: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/

Anyhow, if a theme is built following standard WordPress procedure then it should work.

Theme and plugins localization wil not run
- may I ask what do you mean by this?
- please show a screenshot of this for better understanding.

Your WP memory limit and the MaxinputVars are not enough : hidden link
Please increase them as much as you can.
If you can increase the MaxInputVars to 10000

Then check the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

April 17, 2019 at 6:52 am #3627571

janettS

Hi Riffaz

WPML is running perfect when i translate subsites and eg. headers. But when I translate content into sections, wpml only finds headlines but not the content.

My theme is not in wpml compatibility list.

I have seen different solution suggestions on eg youtube etc. where you describe that one should run: Theme and plugins localization to find the strings / sections you want to translate. But when I do, it just stands and seeks infinity without finding anything.

Regards Kim

April 18, 2019 at 1:18 pm #3639387

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Debugging
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/#enabling-the-built-in-debugging-feature-in-wordpress.
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here for me to see or let me know the error that you will see when you recreate the issue.

Let me know.

Regards,
Riffaz.

The topic ‘[Closed] WPML will not run theme and plugins localization’ is closed to new replies.